One of the more interesting developments in recent days is the purchase of PC Power and Cooling by OCZ. Today we bought their ProXstream 1000W and will take a general look into it. Let’s look at the specs:
Features and Specifications:
- 1000W Configuration
- Dimensions: 150 x 140 x 86mm
- 3 year warranty backed by OCZ’s exclusive PowerSwap replacement program.
- No more endless return-for-repair loops!
- Internal 80mm fan
- 4 Channel 12V Output provides stable electric power to computer components
- 4 Channel PCI-E connectors
- Dual CPU support: provides 8-pin 12V dual CPU support with stable voltage
- 20+4 pin: compatible with all motherboards available on the market
- 4pin & 8pin: accords with the requirements of CPU in ATX or EPS 12V V2.91 systems
- Active PFC: enhances utilization of energy
- Over Voltage and current protection:
- A complete protection circuit is implemented, protecting every component in your system.
- Environmental protection specifications: accords with WEEE & RoHS by Europe
- 115Vac 60Hz / 230Vac 50Hz
- +3.3V(28A), +5V(30A), +12V1(20A), +12V2(20A), +12V3(20A), +12V4(20A)
- Part Number – 1000W – OCZ1000PXS
So, as you can see, this unit has four +12v rails that each pack a whopping 20A on them, giving us a total of 80A of +12v power. They also have a three year Powerswap warranty on this unit, which just adds to the value, and gives confidence to the consumer when they are paying this much for a unit.