The unbelievable club is now open, and it is time to party. Rockstar Social Club is now open for pre-registration and aims to extend the crazy worlds of Rockstar titles to come . One such confirmed title is already Midnight Club L.A., approaching soon.
The Rockstar Social Club will combine incredibly detailed, diverse and sometimes amusing leaderboards and player statistics, and combine them with performance-based competitions and awards for players of all skill levels.
Pre-registration for the Rockstar Social Club is free for anyone, and players will be able to link it to their Xbox Live Gamertag and/or PlayStation Network ID. Grand Theft Auto IV, comes with some crazy features :
* People who register for the Rockstar Games Social Club BEFORE April 29th 2008 will be rewarded by being automatically entered to win a special prize for true GTA fans: your portrait custom drawn by Rockstar Games’ in house art team in the signature art style of Grand Theft Auto IV’s illustrations.
* LCPD Police Blotter — A virtual map and tracker of single-player criminal activity logged in Liberty City from the aggregated data of millions of connected players – showing the most dangerous areas of town, most commonly used weapons and more.
* The Story Gang — This special single-player leaderboard recognizes players who complete Niko Bellic’s main story arc of Grand Theft Auto IV – The leaderboard ranks players according to the total amount of playing time it is taken to complete the story, as well as a historical rank by who has completed it first. Members of this club will receive special online widgets and merit badges marking all of their in-game accomplishments.
* The 100% Club — Watch to see who will be the first to complete 100% of the game. The first ten people to be identified on the Social Club as reaching 100% will be sent an ultra-rare commemorative ‘key to the city’ to mark their accomplishment. In the future, the 100% Club will then carry a historical leaderboard showing rankings of who has completed 100% of a game in the shortest span of playing hours.
* The Hall of Fame — This area will dynamically recognize those singularly elite players who have reached the top of the hill on various statistical leaderboards, and will also contain a personal awards display of special in-game landmarks and successes in Social Club competitions.
* The Liberty City Marathon — A ranking of special physical milestones achieved in the game – from the amount of miles walked, driven, or swam – to the number of bullets fired and stunt-jumps jumped. There will be additional special marathon-based competitions in the future from this area as well.
Take out those martini’s boys. We are here.