Isn’t it interesting that we say Metal Gear Solid 4 and not IV? But what’s more interesting is these screenshots sent to us from Konami.
Key Features (Metal Gear Solid 4):
• MGS4 pushes the power of the PLAYSTATION® 3 to its limits with cutting edge graphics and surround sound. It also aims to be the hallmark title for the new DUALSHOCK®3 controller.
• Command Snake in his final mission which spans the entire globe as he attempts to foil Liquid Ocelot and his massive army of PMCs.
• Influence the tides of war through both passive and active means. Snake can directly aid local militia who engage invading PMCs soldiers, or encourage more fighting to slip past undetected amidst the commotion.
• Unlock custom weapons and modifications as you trade weapons with your black market weapons dealer, Drebin.
• Providing Snake with his most advanced stealth suit to date, OctoCamo, allows Snake to blend in with his environment as it digitally manifests nearby textures in real time.
• Otacon is back to support Snake by providing new high tech gadgets, including Metal Gear Mk. II, the ultimate reconnaissance tool, and Solid Eye, which gives Snake real-time information on enemies and his surroundings.
Key Features (Metal Gear Online):
• Up to 16 players can battle it out individually or as a team
• Sons of the Patriot(SOP) system allows team mates to visually synchronize and monitor each other’s status at all times
• Players can select up to 4 skills to specialize in to match their play style and increase their effectiveness. Close Quarter Combat(CQC), Knife fighting, quickness, alertness, heavy weaponry mastery, demolition, and sniper mastery are just some of the skills you can specialize in
• Frequent future downloads will include new maps, new game type modes, skins and weapons