Electronic Arts (EA) has recently revealed all the new content for Season 3 of Battlefield 2042. This includes a new map, a new specialist, high-tech weapons, and a tank as well as Vault weapons. The new Season will arrive on November 22 this year.
Battlefield 2042 Season 3 Details: What We Know So Far
Here’s everything that we know is coming to Season 3 of Battlefield 2042:
- New Map: The new map being added to Battlefield 2042 is called Spearhead. It is a Close-Quarter Combat-focused map with beautiful terrain. It also has two fully auto-operated mega factories.
- New Specialist: The new Specialist coming to Season 3 is Rasheed Zain. He wields an XM370A semi-automatic Airburst Launcher that can destroy obstacles hiding enemies. In addition to that, taking out his enemy will recover his health twice as fast.
- New Weapons: Two new weapons are coming to the game — the Rorsch Mk-4 and the NVK-S22. The Rorsch Mk-4 uses electromagnetic pulses to launch projectiles while the NVK-S22 is a dual-barrelled semi-automatic shogun that holds massive power.
- New Vehicle: The new vehicle being added in Season 3 is the EMKV90-TOR tank that can shift between Mobility Mode, which lets you travel swiftly, and Siege Mode, which makes it slow but helps in dealing more turret damage.
- New Vault Weapons: The developers also announced in a previous briefing, that the XM8 from Bad Company 2 and A-91 from Battlefield 3 will also be added to the game as Vault Weapons. More Vault Weapons will also be added during the latter half of the season.
- Addition of Classes: Also announced is the reintroduction of Classes which has been a feature fans had been wanting for a long time in the game. This will also be added during the latter part of Season 3, presumably in early 2023.
- New Battle Pass: A new Battle Pass will also be added with the new specialist Zain being a free unlockable as well.
Battlefield 2042: Coming Back to Life?
The overall reception to Season 2 of the game was generally well. With that in mind, it looks like the developers are certainly looking to keep that momentum going. The game received a negative response when it initially came out. But, slowly the developers are fixing the game back to a playable state with various updates. While the player base has depleted after launch, the developers are probably hoping that they will return with the new season.
In addition, the game is also coming to Xbox Game Pass, which can further help increase the population of the game for this season.
What do you think of this news? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!