The details of Call of Duty Modern Warfare II‘s multiplayer ‘Attackers vs Defenders’ mode have seemingly been revealed. The specific details have been explained by leaker RalphsValve on Twitter. RalphValve has previously leaked supposed information regarding Modern Warfare II including features of the campaign, gameplay, various maps, and cutscenes. So far, none of their Modern Warfare II claims have been verified so it is better to take this news with a grain of salt. They previously said that the DMZ mode in the game won’t exist as a free title.
Attackers vs Defenders Multiplayer Mode Details
According to RalphsValve:
- The map of the Attackers vs Defenders mode is similar to that of the CQB Test area from the original Modern Warfare. Furthermore, the area will be much larger.
- The main objective is to clear and defend the designated objective area.
- There is a time limit to complete all the objectives.
- The players will possess three conditions when hit: Minor, critically Injured, or Mortally Wounded. Their teammates will have the ability to heal them with tourniquets although it will cost them a lot of valuable time and might endanger the whole team.
- Each of the Attackers will be assigned a specific role with one being the Team Leader. The teams will be given a debrief period and the rosters will reform every round. The
- Defenders will have to methodize a plan slowly and utilize various booby traps, cameras, and hidden locations. In addition to that, the Defenders will be able to fortify the area and the environment is clearly destructible. Moreover, the destruction of the environment is a major factor in this multiplayer mode as explained.
Modern Warfare II’s similarity to R6 Siege
This Modern Warfare II multiplayer mode has a striking resemblance to Rainbow Six Siege’s multiplayer mode and also includes similar features like teammate healing and objective time limit. Uniquely Modern Warfare II’s version has three states of injury condition which is not present in Rainbow Six Siege. Now, as said before, RalphsValve claims haven’t been verified yet so these are not final. Similarly, they also mentioned that the information they provided regarding this multiplayer mode is liable to change.
If the information turns out to be true, then it might seem that Activision and Infinity Ward are trying to cash in on the realism aspect that made the first Modern Warfare so great. The gritty and dark tone present in the gameplay captivated all the fans and critics. This mode will definitely add the tension and the unnerving atmosphere present in close combat situations like that in R6 Siege.
What do you think of this news? Do you think Modern Warfare II will include this mode and will you play it? Share your thoughts in the comments below!