The Dead Space Remake will bring a lot of new features including improved exploration and no loading screens. This was all detailed in a recent post in the PlayStation Blog. New and unique features that were not present in the original game have further improved the experience of playing the game according to the post.
Dead Space Remake: New Features
Here’s the rundown on some of the new features in the Dead Space Remake according to the blog post:
- Fully-voiced Isaac: The protagonist of the game, Isaac Clarke will now be fully voiced. They will yell out their teammates names when they are in trouble or explaining his plans to fix the Ishimura’s Centrifuge and fuel lines. This is intended to make the remake experience more authentic and film-like.
- Interconnected immersion: There are no loading sequences when Isaac hops aboard the Ishimura’s tram to quickly travel between destinations. This is all part of Motive’s goal for an immersive, connected setting.
- Zero-G freedom: In the remake, players will be able to float in 360 degrees, adding to the spacewalk fantasy. Isaac also now receives a propulsion boost, which is handy for dodging necromorphs lunging through space.
- Circuit breakers: Isaac must rewire various Ishimura operations due to the presence of new junction boxes.
- Incentivized exploration: The Ishimura now has locked doors and loot bins, which Isaac can only enter with a higher level of security clearance. This encourages players to go back through zones they’ve already cleared in search of hidden treasures and crafting components.
- Expanded Weapon Upgrade Paths: Attaching new weapon upgrade items to the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, and other weapons gives you more ways to spend nodes on upgrades.
- Enhanced visuals including a ”rich layer of visual polish”
- More gore and gnarly effects including detailed tearing of bone and flesh.
The Dead Space Remake officially releases worldwide on January 27, 2023, for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
What do you think of this news? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!