Development images from Ubisoft’s next Tom Clancy game have been leaked online. Supposedly, the next game will be titled Tom Clancy’s The Division BattleCat and will build upon the core of previous titles.
Tom Clancy’s The Division BattleCat Leaked Images
The leaked images were uploaded on Imgur by a user name BasicAttacker.
Tom Clancy’s The Division BattleCat Leaked Details
Along with images, we’ve along unearthed a few details about the upcoming third-person shooter from Ubisoft. Here’s everything we know so far about Tom Clancy’s The Division BattleCat.
- Testing began January 2021
- Objective-based PvP
- Seems to have battle pass system
- It Will not be shown at Ubisoft Forward later this week
- Allows players to take on a role within one of four prominent Tom Clancy universe factions (Fourth Echelon from Splinter Cell, The Wolves from Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, and The Cleaners and Outcasts from The Division)
- Each faction has its own specific playstyle
- Echelon players are invisible on the mini-map and can reveal the locations of enemy team members
- The Wolves have additional armour, flashbang resistance, and personal shields
- The Cleaners are damage specialists with napalm turrets, flame-spreading drones and extra grenades
- The Outcasts are a healer support class with health regen and a ‘Hive’ gadget (possibly similar to the Hive used in The Division games)
- Faction characters also have ultimate abilities
- The Outcasts can use ‘Divine Intervention’ to prevent allies from dying for a limited time
- The Wolves have a large mobile area-of-effect shield for use in push or defence situations
- 2 game modes known so far
- Payload (sounds similar to Overwatch and Team Fortress 2’s escort-style matches)
- Ringleader: teams must collect rings from fallen players (sounds akin to Call of Duty’s Kill Confirmed) The player with the most rings becomes the leader, and must survive for 30 seconds to bank their rings and increase their team’s score
- Ubisoft is also developing a new Ghost Recon game codenamed “OVR”