With Overwatch 2:season 2 just around 10 days away, a new tank has been introduced by Blizzard. The first tempo tank Ramattra drops equipped with some lethal abilities will drop with season 2. The new gameplay trailer from Overwatch 2 shows Ramattra in action.
Overwatch 2 Ramattra Tank
The trailer shows Ramattra possessing some really great abilities. Ramattra is an Egyptian robot predator and when you first select him, Omnic form is where you’re going to start. A complete rundown of Ramattra’s abilities has been listed, the gameplay trailer shows them in action. But the nemesis form of the new tank highlights the trailer as he transforms into a bigger and stronger version of himself. You can watch the gameplay trailer here:
Here is a complete list of all of Ramattra’s abilities:
- Fires a stream of projectiles in a fixed pattern.
- Creates a barrier at the targeted location
Nemesis Form: Pummel
- Punch forward, creating a wave of energy with every swing
- Significantly reduces damage taken from the front and reduces movement speed
Transform in Nemesis form. changing your attacks and gaining bonus armor
- Create a spreading swarm of nanobots that creep out in front of you, dealing damage and reducing enemy damage dealt by 50%. Annihilation seems like a really strong ult and according to the game designer:
It’s similar to Transcendence in the sense it creates a big ring around him. Annihilation has beams that latch onto enemies within range, depleting their health. Enemies need to be within the ultimate’s range and Ramattra’s line of sight, but there’s another caveat to this ability. It doesn’t end, if the beam is attached to an enemy, it pauses the duration of the ultimate. The ultimate itself is relatively short, but if it’s attached to someone, it’s not ending.Tess Leiman, Associate Game Designer
- Fire a nano ball, which explodes when it hits the ground, spreading a damaging field. Affected enemies are also slowed and pulled downward.
Another interesting point about Ramattra is his dialogues. The dialogues are quite intimidating and suit the character really well. According to the devs, the new tank was a really challenging character to make because he’s very special in the world of Overwatch. He joins the roster on December 6, 2022, when season 2 drops along with the new season pass.
What are your thoughts on Overwatch 2’s new tank Ramattra? Let us know your thoughts in the comments down below.