Pre-orders for The House Of The Dead Remake are now live on Nintendo Switch. The game is a remade version of the classic 1997 arcade rail shooter by Sega. Megapixel Studios is engaged in making the game. In addition to that, Forever Entertainment and Maximum Games will publish the game. Moreover, it is going to receive various gameplay changes to suit modern gaming standards.
House Of The Dead Remake: What You Need To Know
Here’s a detailed FAQ regarding almost everything in the game:
How much does the game cost?
The game costs $24.99/€24.99
Will there be a physical release?
The physical edition may be pre-ordered from the Forever Limited online shop here.
How will the controls work in the game?
- You may use both analog + buttons and gyro aiming.
- Combined controls are also available. In addition to that, Gyro works for a pair of joy-cons (+ grip) as well as with a single joy-con. Pro controller works too.
- If you only own a Nintendo Switch Lite you will be able to use standard controls without gyro.
Is the OST and VO from the original game available in the remake?
The remake has a new OST and VA inspired by the original game. The VO is available in English and subtitled in 9 languages.
Will HOTD Remake be available on other platforms and in VR?
Only the release on the Nintendo Switch is confirmed.
What are the options and features available in the game?
Along with story mode, here are the options and features available in the game:
- Local co-op (2 players)
- Cheat codes
- Gallery with monsters (including 3D model, name, description, and a weak point)
- Horde mode (up to x15 more monsters)
- Gyro controls
- Analog + buttons controls
- Different scoring options (classic, modern)
- Difficulty modes (easy, normal, hard, arcade)
- Armory (unlockable weapons)
- Enemies and paths from the original game
- Multiple endings (3 endings from the original game)
- Performance mode (more FPS)
- Leaderboards with statistics (including IGT)
- Different colors to choose for P1 and P2
- Hide UI / UI scaling
- Photo mode
- After release, ”cowboy mode” will be available. In it, one player can use two weapons while dual-wielding joy-cons)
How does the health/scoring system work?
Classic: scoring mode based on the classic arcade version of the game
Modern: a new scoring system made for the Remake which includes numerous points multipliers
Cooperative: only one score for both players, only 10 credits
Competitive: both players earn points separately, each has 10 credits
1 point: normal difficulty: bosses and enemies with weapons; hard and arcade difficulty: every hit
0.5 point: easy difficulty: every hit; normal difficulty: enemies without weapons
First aid kits: can be found in destroyable environment details, are given by rescued scientists, and are rewarded on the stage end screen for saved scientists. Moreover, each first aid kit adds 1 point of health.
Max health: you start with 3 points of health, you can have a maximum of 5 points at a time
Will there be a light gun controller or a gun peripheral?
The game is designed to play with joy-cons and their gyro: point at the screen and shoot! Only joy-cons and pro controller were tested to be compatible with the game.
Is the Continue system still the same?
You start with 10 continues, if you run out of credits you may use 5000 points to buy a new continue when you die. In addition to that, if you don’t use a continue within 10 seconds or you have less than 5000 points the game ends.
Will the game feature the “Shoot outside of the screen!” sound?
No, but the game however has a brand new recorded ”RELOAD” sound!
So, there you have it. We hope that these will cover any of your confusion regarding the game. The House Of The Dead Remake is set for release on the 7th of April this year on the Nintendo Switch.
What do you think of this news? Are you excited about the House Of The Dead Remake? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!