Crash Bandicoot Wumpa League is a game that has been talked about enough but has yet to be shown off. It’s a rumored game that is in development for quite some time, and while we don’t know if the title will ever release, Liam Robertson, a known video game historian, has compiled a compelling list of Crash Bandicoot Wumpa League Gameplay and details that he shares in a YouTube video.
Crash Bandicoot Wumpa League Gameplay is here
We have talked about Crash Bandicoot Wumpa League before but it is a game that exists in limbo. After Toys for Bob was added as a support studio for Call of Duty, little is known about the fate of the title. However, we do know that a Crash Bandicoot title is poised for an announcement at The Game Awards on December 8th.
Liam Robertson put out a video where he shares gameplay of a very early in-development build of Crash Bandicoot Wumpa League, and shares details on what the title could have been.
If you are curious, here are the quick points from the video:
- The title would have been a team-based competitive online multiplayer game
- Two teams of crash characters.
- Collect as much wumpa fruit as possible to score
- Would use Crash 4 characters + more
- Crash 4 engine would have been used + open environments
- Every character would have a glider for traversal
- Collect wumpa fruit to put in the team bank for scoring
- Spin attacks can be used to knock out fruits from other players and enough damage can ko a player
- Every level had a unique environmental gimmick e.g. toxic water rising as the level progressed.
- Skins could be upgraded to look better
- The demo shown in the video is from a potentially scrapped version.
- Was developed in tandem with Crash 4, with plans of release shortly after
All in all, Crash Bandicoot Wumpa League is a modern day thought experiment in gaming. It exists and doesn’t exist at the same time, but perhaps we might all be surprised at The Game Awards in a few weeks.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!