The Smithing Stone 5 is one of the upgrade resources that you’ll find dotted throughout the Lands Between of Elden Ring. They can strengthen regular armaments by extending the level cap to +15.
Luckily, there’s a considerable amount of Smithing Stone 5 that you’ll get to acquire on your journey. Some you’ll snag from corpses as loot, and some are hidden naturally inside tunnels waiting to be mined by you.
In this Smithing Stone 5 Locations guide, we will walk you through where you can find these coveted stones as well as how to buy them in Elden Ring. Chances are we might miss some spots, but we assure you that you’ll be hoarding many +15 weapons as you read through!
Where to Find Smithing Stone 5?
As the Smithing Stone 5 is a high-tier upgrade material, it can be found later in the mid to late-game zones. These include regions such as Liurnia of the Lakes, Caelid, Nokron, Volcano Manor, Altus Plateau and more.
Liurnia of the Lakes
The only sub-area in Liurnia of the lakes where you’ll find the smithing stone is the Ruins Strewn Precipice. As players try reaching the Altus Plateau via this hidden shortcut to the northeast of the swamp, they will come across a few Smithing Stone 5.
- Once you reach the Ravine-Filled Village Site of Grace, head into the nearby hut. You can loot a corpse inside to obtain a Smithing Stone 5.
- The next one can be found dangling on a ledge inside the cave. After climbing the ladders to reach the cave, ride the elevator halfway and immediately jump off to the ledge to get it.
Raya Lucaria Academy
At the heart of Liurnia of the Lakes lies the Raya Lucaria Academy. This is a Legacy Dungeon, housing the Shardbearer Rennala, and one must snatch the Academy Key from Glintstone Dragon Smarag‘s lair to gain entrance. Head there to progress in the game and find three more Smithing Stone 5 locations.
- From the Debate Parlor Site of Grace, head to the courtyard and jump over to the crumbled staircase to find a corpse holding a Smithing Stone 5.
- There is another Smithing Stone 5 at the bottom level of the legacy dungeon. You’ll have to ride the giant wheel down to reach it.
- There is yet another Smithing Stone 5 here, but acquiring it is somewhat unconventional. This time, you’ll get one as a reward for assisting Yura in vanquishing a bloody finger. If you’ve progressed his side quest, the summon sign appears on the bridge.
Players can pick up a ton of Smithing Stone 5 from the blasted continent of Caelid. Here are their respective locations marked on the map.
- While exploring Caelid, head to the marked location that is exactly southeast of the Rotview Balcony. Eventually, you’ll reach a fungus mound, and you can loot one of the corpses guarded by a giant raven there to acquire a piece.
- Another three Smithing Stone 5 rest inside a cracked statue, and to obtain them, you must lure the nearby dragon to destroy the structure.
- A Smithing Stone 5 treasure trove is the Sellia Crystal Tunnel in Caelid. Housing around 8 of these coveted stones, you can easily reach the tunnel following a teleporter chest in the Dragon Burnt Ruins.
Redmane Casltle is an atrocious castle where players get to confront the undefeated Starscourge Radahn. There are 3 Smithing Stone 5 locations here.
- The first Smithing Stone 5 is at the top of the southeast tower, accessible from the attached building.
- You can quickly grab the next one as it is inside a building to the south.
Nokron, the Eternal City
A significant portion of Nokron, the Eternal City, remains locked unless players beat Radahn. Once they’ve defeated the Sharbearer and the stars resume their cycle, players can access the once-locked areas like the Nokron Bridge via the giant crater that appears in Mistwood to obtain some of the upgrade items.
Nokron also has a few useful Larval Tears Locations that are worth tracking down in case you’re in need of a respec. Anyways, here are the Smithing Stones:
- After traversing the rooftops, you can enter a building to find a corpse hidden in a corner holding a Smithing Stone 5.
- From where players acquire the Greatshield Soldiers Ashes, a nearby corpse is holding a Smithing Stone 5.
- You can loot a corpse on the supporting platform below the Nokron bridge to gain a Smithing Stone 5.
- There is another one on a supporting column stretching east. This time, you’ll have to drop down several levels from the bridge to access it.
- Right next to a monolith is an elevation with a massive tree. You can loot a corpse on the elevation nearby to obtain a tier 5 Smithing Stone here.
- The next Smithing Stone 5 we’ve managed to dig out is in the Siofra Aqueduct. However, a mighty spear-wielding Crucible Knight guards the item, so just be wary of that.
Ainsel River is another underground region; you can take several measures to reach it. For one, you can use the Ainsel River Well in Eastern Liurnia or for those partaking Ranni’s quest, they can follow a waygate in Renna’s Rise.
- The first Smithing Stone is relatively easy to find. You must run alongside the cave connecting Nokstella to the Lake of Rot sub-location.
- In the Grand Cloyster, players can find another Smithing Stone 5 near the staircase.
The Altus Plateau is a massive region connecting Limgrave to the Royal Capital. Despite the size, the Altus Plateau’s overall content that players can tackle is rather underwhelming. This, of course, also means fewer Smithing Stone 5 finds.
- Players can reach the Abandoned Coffin Site of Grace through the Ruin Strewn Precipice. From here, they can find a Smithing Stone 5 between the two carriages in the distance.
- As seen on the map above, head southeast of the Sage’s Cave toward the marked location to reach an unnamed ruin. Inside, you can loot a corpse to obtain a tier 5 stone.
- You’ll find half a dozen Smithing Stone 5 inside the Altus Tunnel. So, head to the marked location on the map.
Embedded to the north between the Altus Plateau and Mt Gelmir is the Shaded Castle. Head there to find six more Smithing Stone 5.
- For the first stone, head west of the castle toward the cliff. Here, you’ll find the corpse leaning on a rock, holding the item. Be careful of the giant when approaching the item.
- Below the southern ramparts of the castle, you can find a dead body with a smithing Stone 5 near a dead tree.
- There is another Smithing Stone 5 on the same ramparts that you can access through the roofs on the west.
- From the western battlements, head north until you find a Giant Miranda Flower guarding a Smithing Stone 5. Quickly dispatch the threat and claim your loot.
- The fifth one is protected by a Perfumer in the inner ramparts. You simply have to climb a ladder to the castle’s east to reach it.
- On the roofs of the northwestern building, you will find a stray dog biting away at a corpse. It holds the upgrade material, and to access it, you must traverse the northern ramparts via a building in the northwest and then head upstairs into a building.
The Volcano Manor is a mid to late-game Legacy Dungeon in Mt. Gelmir that you can reach through different ways. An easy way is to accept the Volcano Manor Invitation after helping Rya in Liurnia, and she’ll teleport you to the manor upon reaching the Altus Plateau for the first time.
- Obtaining this Smithing Stone requires a bit of parkouring over the rooftops. Once you’re near the location pointed out on the map, drop down twice to grab the item.
- While this particular Smithing Stone is found in Mt. Gelmir, it is still near the Legacy Dungeon. Try heading Southeast of the Seethewater Cave, and you’ll find the item.
The Deeproot Depths is an end-game underground region where you can find one of the Walking Mausoleum Locations as well as complete Fia’s Side Quest to obtain the Age of Duskborn ending. There are two Smithing Stones that are up for grabs here.
- A Smithing Stone 5 is on the rooftop, as marked on the map. Utilising the roots should quickly get you there. This is also an excellent time to grab the Prince of Death’s Staff – a powerful Staff with incredible scaling.
- Since there’s a Walking Mausoleum nearby, Mausoleum Guards will guard this dead body, holding a Smithing Stone 5.
Leyndell, Royal Capital
Leyndell is easily the best Legacy Dungeon in Elden Ring, and players will be taken away by its sheer size and grandeur. Given that the royal capital is overwhelmingly huge, here’s a table listing the Smithing Stone 5 currently known to us and where you can find them here.
|Where to Find
|East of the Hermit Merchant Shack housing a Nomadic Vendor, a Smithing Stone 5 is on a body next to the road.
|To collect five more Smithing Stone 5, head to the Sealed Tunnel located south of the river near the Capital Outskirts.
|After interacting with the third teleporter chest inside the Auriza Side Tomb, you will find a corpse in an upstairs compartment. The item is on this corpse.
|On the marked area, you’ll find a corpse surrounded by Giant Golems. Loot it to obtain the upgrade stone.
|On the location pointed out on the map, the corpse holding the Smithing Stone 5 is atop the rooftop.
|While the marker points towards a location on the overland, this upgrade stone is actually in the Subterranean Shunning Grounds. It lies inside a room with a sewer pipe system.
|Head toward the marked location to find a corpse hanging by an edge. Loot it to nab a stone.
|Within the demolished replica of the Roundtable Hold, you can find a Smithing stone 5 on a balcony. Note that this is the same balcony that Sorcerer Rogier relocates to in the original Roundtable Hold.
|From the throne room, enter an armoury from the first doorway north. You will find a Smithing Stone 5 inside.
|You can encounter yet another stone on a cliff near the Colosseum.
Castle Sol seems like an unlikely place to find Smithing Stone 5, yet you can still come across the upgrade material here. While trying to reach the snow region, you’ll find two tier 5 stones here.
- As soon as you enter the castle courtyard, head straight ahead to a wooden platform. Underneath it, you can find the coveted stone.
- This copse with the upgrade stone hangs on an edge outside the Church of the Eclipse.
Where to Buy Smithing Stone 5 in Elden Ring
Now that you know where to find the Smithing Stone 5, it’s time to purchase the upgrade item and lots of em. But first, you’ll need to grab the Smithing-Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing 3 key item from the Zamor Ruins in the Mountain Tops of the Giants.
Once you’ve got the item, offer it to the Twin Maidens Husk, and the duo will take it off your hands. After that, she’ll expand her wares, selling unlimited Smithing Stone 5 that costs 1200 Runes per piece.
This concludes our Elden Ring Smithing Stone 5 Locations guide. Hopefully, you’ll have many +15 weapons by the end of this guide. Let us know what you think down below, and for more Elden Ring Smithing Stone guides, here are the Smithing Stone 1 locations and Smithing Stone 2 locations.