Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora is out now on PC and it’s one of the best-looking titles of the year. If you have the hardware for it, the open world is incredibly detailed making full use of Ubisoft’s Snowdrop engine. While the PC version runs fine for the most part, some users have reported stability issues. Here are a few suggestions to fix the Avatar Frontiers of Pandora crash at launch issues.
Verify Game Files
Most stability issues are often caused by broken or missing game files, which can lead to crashes at launch. Thankfully, both PC clients Avatar is available on allow players to scan their files, and redownload anything corrupted or missing.
- Open Ubisoft Connect
- Click on Library on the right
- Now, under Installed, you’ll see Avatar Frontiers of Pandora
- Click on the three dots next to the play icon
- Select Verify files
Epic Games Launcher
- Open your Library in the Epic Games Launcher
- Now, click on the three dots next to Avatar Frontiers of Pandora
- Here, select Manage
- Click on the Verify button next to Verify Files
Update GPU Drivers
If you haven’t updated your GPU drivers in a while, it’s a good idea to get the latest ones. Avatar supports a bunch of new upscalers and makes use of the software side of things as well, and you’ll likely have a more stable experience by updating to the recent drivers.
You can get the latest ones from the links below.
If you’re running into stability issues apart from crashing in other games as well, then a fresh GPU driver installation might be required.
Update DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables
Ensure that both DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables are on the latest version.
Run Avatar Frontiers of Pandora as an Admin
Ubisoft has previously recommended that you give admin privileges to their titles to avoid stability issues. While I don’t think this might have a big impact, it’s a suggestion worth checking out.
- Head over to where Avatar Frontiers of Pandora is installed
- Right-click on the executable and select Properties
- Click the Compatibility tab
- Check “Run this program as an administrator“
Switch to dedicated GPU (Laptop Users)
If you’re playing Avatar Frontiers of Pandora on a laptop, make sure to check if your dedicated GPU is being utilized correctly.
Switching to the dedicated Nvidia GPU
- First, open the Nvidia Control Panel
- Then navigate to 3D Settings and then Manage 3D Settings
- Open the tab Program Settings and choose Avatar Frontiers of Pandora from the dropdown menu
- Next, select the preferred graphics processor for this program from the second dropdown.
- Your Nvidia GPU should show as High-performance Nvidia processor
- Save the changes
Switching to the dedicated AMD GPU
- First, open Radeon Settings
- Then navigate to Preferences, followed by Additional Settings
- Here, select Power and then Switchable Graphics Application Settings
- Select Avatar Frontiers of Pandora from the list of applications
- If Avatar Frontiers of Pandora isn’t in the list, click the Add Application button and select the executable from the installation directory. This adds the game to the list, and you’ll be able to select it afterward.
- In Graphics Settings, assign the High-Performance profile to the game.
We hope this guide helped fix the Avatar Frontiers of Pandora crash at launch issue. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.