It seems that details of Ghostwire: Tokyo’s plot and some in-game image have emerged on the internet. The details have emerged after a Journalist from the site Rock,Paper, Shotgun accidentally released a preview of the game. Not only that, the preview embargo for the game lifts on 4 February. This was posted on the Russian site DTF where clear details of the game are mentioned.
Here’s what we have uncovered so far regarding the plot:
Ghostwire: Tokyo Details:
- In the center of the game’s plot is the Japanese Akito, who was possessed by the spirit of a demon hunter. Akito uses this to free Tokyo from the evil youkai spirits that have taken over the city. A ghost that has moved into Akito gives him advice, talks about yokai and cheers him up.
- Akito’s enemies include headless schoolgirls with bows and arrows, women with very long arms armed with large scissors, faceless businessmen with umbrellas.
- In battle, the main character uses a special technique called Weaving (weaving, weaving). With its help, he inflicts blows on the spirits, parries their attacks and draws the essence from them with a golden thread.
- Akito will be able to use various elemental attacks, kill spirits with stealth, and use weapons such as archery. The arrows will run out.
- Boss battles will be present in the game.
- Damage will not be fixed with numbers and health bars. Instead, the spirits will change appearance: umbrellas will be torn, and so on.
- The reesidents of Tokyo will wander the streets as ghosts. Akito would need to capture them and place them in katashiro paper dolls. He will then send them out of the city via payphones to restore their human form.
- In addition to that, you can buy katashiro and replenish other supplies in shops where floating youkai cats trade instead of people.
All these details make Ghostwire Tokyo a very interesting game indeed. We will surely be looking forward to its release soon on the Playstation 5.
What do you think of this news? Are you excited to play Ghostwire: Tokyo when it gets released? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!