Aliens: Dark Descent is finally out on PC, and it’s a squad-based tactical strategy game from Tindalos Interactive and Focus Entertainment. The reception has been pretty positive so far, but the technical side of things isn’t in the best state at the moment. There’s also a strange issue at the moment with the framerate limit on the PC version. If you want to adjust the Aliens Dark Descent FPS on PC, here is how you can do that.
Adjust the Aliens Dark Descent FPS
Currently, if you have a 144Hz or beyond monitor, you can’t enjoy a framerate above 132 FPS for some odd reason. The game has been locked at that value, but you can unlock it and use a custom value by editing the configuration file.
- Open Windows Run by either pressing Windows + R keys together or by searching for it in Windows Search
- Enter the following address, and press OK
- Here, open the GameUserSettings.ini file using a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++
- Find the following value in the configuration
- You can set the value to whatever you want, for example, 165
We hope that the developers add more framerate values for the title in the settings, but as of right now, this is the only way to set a framerate value above the in-game one. The developers have acknowledged this problem on Steam forums though, and we hope to see it fixed in the coming updates.
We hope this guide was helpful, and that you were able to adjust the Aliens Dark Descent FPS on PC. Share your thoughts, and questions in the comments below.