Starfield doesn’t allow you to adjust the FOV in-game, which is a shame because, without it, players can run into a host of issues, like motion sickness and such. Thankfully, you can adjust the Starfield FOV to your liking using a few commands.
Adjust the Starfield FOV on PC
To adjust the FOV in Starfield, you’ll need to create a custom text file and place it in the Starfield documents folder. Here are the complete steps on how to do this.
- Head over to the following location
C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Starfield
- Here, create a text file and paste the following content inside it
[Camera] fFPWorldFOV=100.0000 fTPWorldFOV=100.0000
- Now, save this as StarfieldCustom.ini and make sure you select All files in the “Save as type”
- You can set the value to whatever you like for this, I’ve used 100.0000 for an FOV of 100
- fFPWorldFOV is for first person
- fTPWorldFOV is for third person
- Launch Starfield and the FOV will change according to what you’ve set in the StarfieldCustom.ini file.
This was posted by Reddit user u/clu_sauce in the Starfield subreddit, and multiple users have confirmed that it works.
Additionally, if you’re running into any crashing problems, make sure to check out some of my suggestions to address those. Additionally, for those who want to go the extra mile and back up their data, here is the Starfield save file location on your PC.
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to adjust the FOV on PC. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.