Amnesia: The Bunker is out now on PC, and it’s another horror hit from Frictional Games. The title is available on PC through multiple storefronts and runs quite well. The settings are a bit limited, but most PC setups should have no problem running this at higher settings. Though, if you want to disable the crosshair in Amnesia The Bunker, here is how you can do that.
Disable Crosshair in Amnesia the Bunker
Like a lot of first-person titles, there is a constant crosshair present at the center of the screen. While some games let you toggle it off, there is no option in-game to turn it off here. This can get in the way of immersion for some players because the game itself has a very clean HUD apart from that. To disable this, we’ll need to modify a configuration file.
Follow the steps below to do so.
- Make sure the game isn’t running
- Open Steam and then open your Library
- Here, right-click on Amnesia The Bunker
- Select Manage, and then Browse local files
- Navigate to the following folders
\Amnesia The Bunker\script\player\
- Now, open the Player.hps file using a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++
- Find the following lines
const bool gbDrawCrosshair =true;
const bool gbDrawDefaultCrosshair = true;
- Change the values of both to false, as shown below
const bool gbDrawCrosshair =false; const bool gbDrawDefaultCrosshair = false;
- Save the file (Ctrl + S) and exit out
We hope this guide helped and you were able to disable the crosshair in Amnesia The Bunker. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.