Final Fantasy 7 Remake is one of the biggest PC releases of the year. Even though it originally came out on the PS4 back in 2020, it has finally made its way to PC through the Epic Games Store. Sadly, the port isn’t exactly in the best state and has been incredibly disappointing for many PC users. The title lacks a lot of basic graphical options, has performance issues, especially stuttering when you move around the camera. Thankfully, modders are doing their best to make the game more enjoyable, and have added quality of life changes that the game is desperately in need of. If you want to disable Final Fantasy 7 Remake TAA, this mod lets you do just that.
If you are using a PS4, or PS5 controller, and running into issues with it, make sure to check out our guide for that. We also have a guide that allows you to play the game in DirectX 11 mode, which improves general performance and stability. If you are a fan of customization, the Tifa Purple Dress, and Aerith’s Red Dress mod are something worth checking out.
Disable Final Fantasy 7 Remake TAA
TAA, otherwise known as Temporal Anti-Aliasing is a technique used in many modern titles to fix aliasing issues without a lot of performance cost. It works well in most titles, but it is known for notoriously adding some blur in games. Some games handle it better, but that isn’t always the case. Final Fantasy 7 Remake uses the same technique, and there is no way to turn it off or change to another technique through the in-game options.
Thankfully, a mod created by DisablePP (Poponos) lets you do that, and more. This is how you can easily use that, and disable more than just TAA.
- Head over to the following link, and click on MANUAL DOWNLOAD under the type you want.
- For example, if you want to disable just TAA, and DSR, click the MANUAL DOWNLOAD button under Light Version of NoTAA and No DRS.
- You will need a free Nexus Mods to account to download it.
- Now, head over to where your game is installed, and navigate to the following folders
- Extract the zip file (using Winrar or 7zip) you downloaded, and place the pakchunk99-disablepp_light.pak file into the Paks folder
Now, when you launch the game, both TAA and DSR will be disabled. Here is how the game looks without TAA. The screenshot is provided by the mod author.
You can create your custom settings too, and the instructions are available on the mod page.
Here are some configurations created by Reddit user Scorpwind (THANK YOU!). You can download these, and paste them into the Paks folder too for the desired effect.
- Dynamic Resolution Scaling Disabler
- Motion Blur and Dynamic Resolution Disabler
- Depth Of Field and Dynamic Resolution Disabler
- TAA, Depth Of Field, Dynamic Resolution Scaling and Motion Blur Disabler
- TAA and Motion Blur Disabler
- Motion Blur, Depth Of Field and Dynamic Resolution Disabler
- If you want to go back to the previous configuration, simply delete the pak file from the Paks folder.
We hope that the developers give players the option in-game in some future patch. For now, though, this is your best bet.
We hope this guide was helpful, and you were able to disable Final Fantasy 7 Remake TAA graphical option. Share your thoughts, and questions in the comments below.