Mods and tweaking applications continue to add quality of life changes and useful additions to open-world RPGS . Cyberpunk 2077 is no exception, and there are plenty of useful mods and tools to improve the overall experience. CD Projekt Red’s launch of the game is in no way ideal, and there are plenty of technical problems across all platforms. On PC however, if you want to disable the Cyberpunk 2077 Vignette effect, here is how you can do that.
Other mods that improve the game include adding a dedicated walk button or changing your hairstyle. Some of these options should have been part of the game from the start, and it does feel a bit odd for the developers to leave them out.
Disable the Cyberpunk 2077 Vignette Effect
If you aren’t aware of this visual effect, it’s when the edges of an image are darkened to create emphasis. When you are in the crouch position while playing Cyberpunk 2077, this effect automatically triggers, and there is no way to turn it off in-game. To disable it, you will need a engine tweaker, but it is pretty straightforward.
- First, open the following link to download Cyber Engine Tweaks
- Head over to where your game is installed, and extract this in the following location
- Now, head over to the following location, open the config.json file using a text editor like Notepad
- Here, set the value of disable_vignette to true, as shown below
- You can play around with the other options to improve performance and add other features. For a full list of commands, head over to the configuration section of the tweaker.
- After you are done, save the file and exit
Now when you launch the game, the vignette effect will be disabled while crouching. We hope CDPR add an option for players to enable or disable this effect in-game, but for now, the method above is the only way to do so.
We hope this guide was helpful. If you any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.