Character customization plays a vital role in most online multiplayer games. The same is the case with the latest installment, Warhammer 40K Darktide as well. You can ditch your old prison rags and get new outfits for your character and make them look good. That is why this guide will show you how to earn cosmetics in Warhammer 40K Darktide.
Having new customized outfits for the class of your choice can help you immerse yourself further in the game and have a good time-fighting Poxwalkers. However, how can you earn cosmetics? Let’s dive right in and take a look at that!
Warhammer 40K Darktide: How to Earn Cosmetics
There are multiple methods by which you can get various cosmetic items in Darktide. Some of the methods will have you playing the game to level up, while others will require you to spend money on the game. So, let’s take a look at all methods of acquiring cosmetics so that you can see which suits you best.
This is the best method for all players that do not like spending a lot of money on games. The best part is that you can level up each class by playing as them in the game. So, if you play Ogryn a lot, you will level up their rank and unlock new clothing accessories for them.
There are various items that you can unlock by leveling up, so make sure that you see what is worth unlocking and which class you shouldn’t spend a lot of time with. This is a good way to show other players that you have tons of experience with a certain class by showing off your new outfit.
Penances are essentially challenges in Darktide. Some challenges are extremely easy, like reaching level 5 or level 10 to unlock new shirts/pants. However, other challenges can be quite specific, where you have to kill a certain number of enemies with a weapon.
While you might initially think that these Penances are extremely difficult to achieve, you can easily do them by just playing the game. Most of the time, you won’t even realize that you have completed a challenge.
Each class has its own Penance page where you can find all the challenges and rewards. So, make sure that you work towards that goal by completing all the challenges you can. Keep in mind that some challenges can take quite a bit to complete. So, don’t give up on them and continue playing the game.
Keep in mind that not all Penances unlock new outfits. Some will unlock things like borders for your character portrait. These are non-class-specific challenges and can be unlocked for all characters.
Since we are talking about methods that do not require any money to unlock cosmetics, let’s talk about Twitch drops. To promote the game, developer Fatshark is offering players various cosmetics if they watch their favorite streamer play the game on Twitch.
Here’s a schedule of when you can earn Darktide Twitch drops in its first few weeks:
- Fri, Nov 18, 4:00 AM – Sat, Nov 19, 4:00 AM PST: Watch for 45 minutes and claim the reward Lasgun (Camo Skin)
- Sat, Nov 26, 4:00 AM – Sun, Nov 27, 4:00 AM PST: Watch for 30 minutes and claim the reward Sword (Camo Skin)
- Sat, Nov 26, 4:00 AM – Sun, Nov 27, 4:00 AM PST: Watch for an additional 30 minutes and claim the reward Ripper Gun (Camo Skin)
- Fri, Dec 2, 4:00 AM – Sat, Dec 3, 4:00 AM PST: Watch for 30 minutes and claim the reward Autogun (Camo Skin)
- Fri, Dec 2, 4:00 AM – Sat, Dec 3, 4:00 AM PST: Watch for an additional 30 minutes and claim the reward Lasgun (Camo Skin)
- Fri, Dec 2, 4:00 AM – Sat, Dec 3, 4:00 AM PST: Watch for an additional 30 minutes and claim the reward Sword (Camo Skin)
- Fri, Dec 2, 4:00 AM – Sat, Dec 3, 4:00 AM PST: Watch for an additional 30 minutes and claim the reward Ripper Gun (Camo Skin)
The final Twitch drop will happen on December 3, 2022, so make sure that you claim it before that. While the devs have not stated if there will be more drops or not, we can only hope that they allow new players to get them at a later stage.
Get the Imperial Edition
Now, let’s move on to methods that require you to spend additional money on the game. If you are a fan of the series and want to get the Imperial Edition, you will receive extra rewards in the game. Depending on your region, the price of this edition may vary.
However, if you do decide to get it, you will receive the following rewards:
- Loyalist Pack: Purge heresy in style with these four unique class outfits, eight weapon skin patterns, one set of headgear as well as an Ogryn body tattoo.
- Mortis Veteran Portrait Frame: A cosmetic portrait frame used to pay tribute to the fallen defenders of Tertium Hive.
- Caducades Backpack: A cosmetic backpack for human characters. Scavenged from the fallen troops of Cadia, this backpack has been repurposed to serve those still alive and fighting.
- 2,500 AQUILAS: Premium currency of the game
Use the Premium Store
Finally, you can visit the in-game store and buy the available outfits. The premium store has cosmetic items like character skins, weapon camos, and other smaller customizable items, as well as DLC content. These items can only be purchased by spending Aquilas (which is only obtainable via in-game purchases).
There is another currency called Tertium Twins but it is an in-game currency. It is only used to upgrade your equipment. So, you cannot use it to buy premium cosmetics.
That’s everything you need to know about how to earn cosmetics in Warhammer 40K Darktide. There are a lot of customization options available for every class. So, make sure that you get the ones you want and look good while destroying your enemies.
Which cosmetic outfit is your favorite in Darktide? Do you prefer to play with basic clothing? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.