Back 4 Blood is a cooperative first-person survival shooter from Turtle Rock Studios and Warner Bros. The title is out now on various platforms including PC after multiple betas. The game is a spiritual successor of the Left 4 Dead franchise, but with its own unique mechanics like the card system. The PC version runs well for the most part but is missing a setting. If you want to enable the Back 4 Blood Exclusive fullscreen mode on the PC version, here is how you can do that.
Currently, the game has a Very Positive rating from Steam users, and thousands of players are in-game as we speak. These stats don’t even count the Xbox Game Pass users, as the game is available on both PC and console through that subscription service.
Enable the Back 4 Blood Exclusive Fullscreen Mode
At the moment, the game only has Borderless Windowed Mode, and Windowed Mode. Now, a good portion of the PC gaming community prefers Borderless Windowed, but Exclusive Fullscreen occasionally nets you better performance as well. While the developers haven’t provided the option, you can still enable that by editing the configuration file. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Head over to the following location
- Here, open the GameUserSettings.ini file using a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++
- In this file, you want to set the values of the following variables to, as shown below
FullscreenMode=0 LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=0 PreferredFullscreenMode=0
- All three variables need to be 0, so make sure you search for each
- Also, to ensure that the correct resolution has been inputted, make sure to adjust the following variables to your desired resolution as well. For example, if you want to play the game at 1080p, you will adjust it as shown below
- Save the file and exit out
Now, a few things you should know about Exclusive fullscreen.
- First, there are reports that this screen mode can cause freezes if you alt-tab during the loading, or in-game
- Secondly, if you want to go back, simply set the values of the three variables back to 1, from 0
There’s a good chance that the developers will give players the option to switch to full-screen mode, and haven’t done so, so far because of its performance/stability impact.
While you are here, make sure to check out our other guide for Back 4 Blood, regarding the crash at launch issue as well.
We hope this guide helped you enable the Back 4 Blood exclusive fullscreen mode. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.
you are a lifesaver my man
Thank you for the kind words! Hope you’re having fun with the game! 🙂