Lies of P looks and runs great on PC, and it’s very well-optimized too. This means that a lot of PCs, especially with a bit more headroom can push the resolution higher than native, and enjoy a sharper image quality. However, the game doesn’t let you make use of downsampling in the menus. If you want to enable DSR or VSR in Lies of P, here is how you can do that.
Enable the Lies of P DSR Setting
To enable DSR in Lies of P in-game, you need to set the resolution of your desktop to your target resolution or something higher. Either this or you can use a tool called AutoActions to automate this process.
By default, Lies of P maxes out at your monitor’s highest resolution. In my case, that’s 1080p, and I can’t choose any other value. I like to use NVIDIA’s DLDSR to get a better image quality with less performance cost than traditional DSR.
Change Desktop Resolution – Manual
- Make sure DSR (and DLDSR for custom resolutions) is enabled in the Nvidia Control Panel
- Right-click on your desktop and select Display Settings
- Now, scroll down, and under Display resolution, select either your desired resolution or something higher, like 3840×1620 (4K)
- This will change your desktop resolution, and things will look a bit weird and possibly blurry
- Launch Lies of P
- Now, in Settings, select Video, and you’ll see more options next to Resolution
Use AutoActions – Automated
If you don’t want to switch the desktop resolution every single time you play Lies of P, I recommend using a fantastic automation tool called AutoActions.
- Head over to the following GitHub link, and download the latest release
- Extract the zip file, and launch AutoActions.exe
- Now, click on the Profile tab, select Profile 1, and then the + button next to Application started actions
- Now, check “Change Resolution”
- Set the resolution you want the Windows’ resolution to be set to (higher than native). In my case, I set it to 4K (3840×2160).
- Check “Change refresh rate” if you have something higher than 60 HZ, and set the value below.
- Press OK
- Now, click on the + next to Application closed actions
- Here, set the values to what you’re using as default, mainly switching to your desktop’s normal native resolution. Here is how I’ve set it according to my 1080p 165hz monitor.
- Your Profile 1 should look something like this now
- Now, select the Applications tab, and click the + button. Add the Lies of P executable (LOP-Win64-Shipping.exe), which is in the following address
Lies of P\LiesofP\Binaries\Win64
- Set the Profile to Profile 1 which you just configured
That’s all you need to do, and the next time you launch Lies of P, AutoActions will automatically change your desktop’s resolution to the one you’ve set, as well as the refresh rate. Additionally, once you close the game, it will also revert back to your default resolution, as well as the framerate.
We hope this guide helped you enable the Lies of P DSR setting. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.