Oddworld: Soulstorm is the latest entry in the longrunning Oddworld series that started back in 1997. The latest entry is developed and published by Oddworld Inhabitants, Inc. The game has been met with a positive response from both critics and gamers, with generally favorable reviews. It is currently out on PS4, PS5, and PC through the Epic Games Store. The PC version is decent, but not perfect, and there are some technical issues. If you want to fix any Oddworld Soulstorm Ultrawide issues, here is how you can do that. A Steam version hasn’t been announced yet, but we expect it to come out on the platform in a year or so.
Sadly, even in 2021, a lot of games don’t come with proper ultrawide support. Even though the monitors, and resolution is getting pretty common, most gamers have to manually configure their games to enable ultrawide resolutions.
Fixing the Oddworld Soulstorm Ultrawide Issues
Now, unlike other PC titles that have some form of Ultrawide support, even if it is barebones, Oddoworld Soulstrom doesn’t. This is very dissapoitning, and something that makes the process of manually adding support even harder.
However, thankfully, a Reddit user Rinine has created a patch that can help you play the game ultrawide. The patch isn’t perfect, and there are still some issues, but given the circumstances, it is your best bet.
For now, the patch supports the following resolutions.
Installing the Patch
Unlike hex edits, this is a fairly straightforward patch. Follow the steps below to install it.
- Launch the game for some initial settings
- Now, first, make sure that the game is running in Windowed Fullscreen, and the resolution is 1920×1080
- Close the game
- Head over to the following link to download the patch file
- Extract the file using compression software like Winrar or 7zip
- Copy the Assembly-CSharp.dll file and paste it into the following location
Now, launch the game, and you will be good to go. The patch will automatically adjust to the resolution of your monitor. Here is a sample image provided by the patch creator.
IMPORTANT: Here are a few things to keep in mind about the patch.
- If the HUD is missing, simply open the menu, and close it again, and it will be back to normal
- At the moment, selecting “Restart level” from the menu, or starting a new one will disable the mod. To enable it, restart the game again.