Soulstice is a hack and slash action game from Reply Game Studios and Modus Games. We had a lot to say about the title, so make sure to check out our review as well. Based on our experience, the game runs pretty well for the most part, with minor hiccups and stuttering issues here and there, which we’ve come to expect from Unreal Engine 4 titles. Though, if you’re running into the Soulstice crash at launch issue, here are a few things we recommend.
Fixing the Soulstice crash at launch issue
In most cases, if a game crashes at launch, that’s usually due to something missing on the user’s end. We’ve covered this in many new releases in the past, but there are times when it can be your game files as well. Here are our recommendations to address this crash.
Verify Game Files
As always, the first thing you want to ensure is that your game files are in order. In Steam, you can verify all your installed files and check to see if there’s anything corrupted or missing. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Open Steam, and navigate to your library
- Right-click on Soulstice in your library
- Click Properties
- Select the LOCAL FILES tab
- Click on Verify Integrity of local files…
This will initiate the scanning process, after which any required files will be redownloaded and installed. The process won’t take too long, given how the game is only 25 GB in size.
Add an exception to your anti-virus
Some anti-virus software can flag Soulstice as a virus or threat, so it’s a good idea to add the game to your list of exclusions or exceptions.
We have listed some popular ones and their respective FAQ pages.
- Windows Defender
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Avast Antivirus
- AVG Antivirus
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Webroot SecureAnywhere
- McAfee Antivirus (Steam Support guide)
Run the game as an administrator
Running the game with admin privileges might be helpful and take away any restrictions.
- Open Steam and then your library
- Here, right-click on Soulstice
- Click Manage
- Then select Browse local files
- This will take you to the location Soulstice is installed in
- Right-click on executable and select Properties
- Click the Compatibility tab
- Check “Run this program as an administrator“
Update DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables
Ensure that both DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables are on the latest version.
Update your GPU Drivers
Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your GPU installed. You can get the latest ones from the links below.
Switch to dedicated GPU (Laptop Users)
Ensure that your dedicated GPU is being utilized instead of the integrated one.
Switching to the dedicated Nvidia GPU
- First, open the Nvidia Control Panel
- Then navigate to 3D Settings and then Manage 3D Settings
- Open the tab Program Settings and choose Soulstice from the dropdown menu
- Next, select the preferred graphics processor for this program from the second dropdown.
- Your Nvidia GPU should show as High-performance Nvidia processor
- Save the changes
Switching to the dedicated AMD GPU
- First, open Radeon Settings
- Then navigate to Preferences, followed by Additional Settings
- Here, select Power and then Switchable Graphics Application Settings
- Select Soulstice from the list of applications
- If Soulstice isn’t on the list, click the Add Application button and select the executable from the installation directory. This adds the game to the list, and you’ll be able to select it afterward.
- In Graphics Settings, assign the High-Performance profile to the game.
Update your Windows
Make sure that you are on the latest version of Windows. The developers have recommended this as well.
- In Windows Search, type “Update” and click on Check for Updates
- This will take you to the Windows Update section, and you can make sure you are on the latest version
If you found another solution, please let us know in the comments below. We will add that to the list and credit you appropriately.
We hope this guide helped fix the Steelrising crash at launch issue. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.