Assassin’s Creed Mirage takes us back to the classic style of Assassin’s Creed titles with some of the recent innovations sprinkled in. The PC version actually runs quite well and has a bunch of options to customize. However, while it has ultrawide support, the implementation isn’t perfect. If you want to fix the Assassin’s Creed Mirage ultrawide cutscenes issue, here is how you can do that.
Fixing the Assassin’s Creed Mirage Ultrawide Cutscenes Issue
While the gameplay in Assassin’s Creed Mirage renders properly in ultrawide, the cutscenes max out at 16:9. This can be distracting, especially with the amount of cutscenes that play throughout the story. You can fix this by editing the Hex values using a tool like HxD. Here are the detailed steps to do this.
Download and Install HxD
- For this to work, download HxD from the following link
- Install HxD
Use the Assassin’s Creed Mirage executable in HxD
- Make sure Assassin’s Creed Mirage isn’t running
- Launch HxD
- Now drag the ACMirage.exe (or ACMirage_plus.exe if you are using Ubi+) into HxD
- Once opened in HxD, you will see a bunch of values
- Press CTRL+R, and then select the Hex-Values tab in the new window
- After this click on Search Direction “All”
- In the Search for section, enter 39 8E E3 3F
- In the Replace with section, enter a value for your desired resolution (listed below).
2560x1080 = 26 B4 17 40 3440x1440 = 8E E3 18 40 3840x1080 = 39 8E 63 40 3840x1440 = AB AA 2A 40 3840x1600 = 9A 99 19 40 5120x1440 = 39 8E 63 40 5120x2160 = 26 B4 17 40 6880x2880 = 8E E3 18 40 7680x2160 = 39 8E 63 40 You can refer to more hex values for other aspect ratios and resolutions at the following link.
- As an example, I’m using AB AA 2A 40, for 3840×1440.
- With the values entered, simply press Replace all
- Now, change the resolution from the in-game settings
Credits to u/OnkelJupp for finding the required value, and testing it. Here is a screenshot comparison provided by them on Reddit.
We hope this guide was helpful and that you were able to fix the Assassin’s Creed Mirage ultrawide cutscenes on your PC. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.