Blasphemous 2 has been out on PC for a few weeks now, and while the PC port looks and plays very well, it does lack a few PC-specific features, like ultrawide support. If you want to fix the Blasphemous 2 ultrawide issues on PC, here is how you can easily do that using a patch.
Fixing Blasphemous 2 Ultrawide Issue
Blasphemous 2 runs on ultrawide monitors, but you’ll have to play with black bars on the sides. It can be pretty annoying for users playing at those resolutions, but thankfully, Rose from the widescreen community has you covered and released a fix for most of the problems associated with it.
- Head over to the following GitHub link
- Scroll down a bit, and download the latest zip of the patch (31.7 MB) under Assets by clicking. As of writing, it is version 1.0.1
- This will download the zip file, which you need to extract using a compression tool like Winrar or 7zip
- Extract the file into the game’s installation location
Launching the game the first time after this patch might take a bit. Apart from that, you’re good to go, and Blasphmeous 2 should work at the proper ultrawide resolution.
Here is the game in action with the patch applied provided by the mod author on GitHub.
Here are a few issues with the patch shared by Rose:
- The scaling is not pixel-perfect. Some pixels will appear missing or shifted from their expected positions, with vertical lines occasionally appearing when moving. The former issue is much worse at 32:9 and wider. At the moment, there is no evident solution to this.
- Some native background images do not have enough width for 21:9 and wider.
Credits and Support
They’ve tested this patch on the Steam version at 2560×1080 and 3440×1440 resolutions.
We hope this guide was helpful and that you were able to fix the Blasphemous 2 Ultrawide issues on your PC. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.