COCOON is now available on PC and is one of the year’s highest-rated games. The PC version runs great for the most part, but there are some technical issues and limitations. COCOON doesn’t support ultrawide monitors, but there is already a patch out now to address that. Here is how you can fix the COCOON ultrawide issues on your PC.
Fixing the COCOON Ultrawide Issue
COCOON doesn’t have native ultrawide support, but Rose from the widescreen gaming community have released a patch that adds support for ultrawide monitors and removes black bars from the sides.
Here is how you can install this.
- Head over to the following GitHub link
- Scroll down a bit, and download the latest zip of the patch (16 KB) under Assets by clicking. As of writing, it is version 1.0
- This will download the zip file, which you need to extract using a compression tool like Winrar or 7zip
- Run the patcher and target the game files through each step
- Launch COCOON and it will properly run in ultrawide resolution now
Here is a screenshot of COCOON with the patch applied, provided by Rose.
Credits and Support
They’ve tested this patch on the Steam version at 2560×1080, 3840×1080, 5120×1440, and 5760×1080 resolutions.
We hope this guide was helpful and that you were able to fix the COCOON ultrawide issues on your PC. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.