Cyberpunk 2077 came out more than a year ago, and a lot has happened since its launch. This was easily the most anticipated game of the decade but fell short on various technical, and quality aspects. The game was completely broken on the PS4, and Xbox 360 at launch, while the PC version provided a relatively better experience. Like with many other RPGs, modders have managed to fix countless issues in Cyberpunk 2077, and improve the experience overall. If the Cyberpunk 2077 Crowd Despawn issue annoyed you, here is how you can fix that.
We have been covering mods for a while now, and thankfully, more and more new ones were created to make the ultimate Cyberpunk 2077 experience possible on PC. While you’re here, make sure to check out our mods that allow you to change your hairstyle, increase customization, unlock vehicles or add zoomable scopes to ranged weapons.
Cyberpunk 2077 Crowd Despawn
Cyberpunk 2077 has a host of technical issues and strange graphical workarounds. One issue introduced in the 1.3 patch was that NPCs would despawn after fleeing away. The mod created by Nexus Mods user Scissors123454321 aims to fix that. This mod rapidly respawns the NPCs that have been despawned after fleeing.
To install this mod, you can follow our instructions below.
Prerequisites for the Mod (Cyberpunk Engine Tweaks)
Most newer mods require CTE, which allows for quick installation of mods. Setting this up once will allow you to simply copy-paste most mod files.
To do so, follow the instructions below. If you already have CET installed, you can skip this.
- Head over to the following Github page to download CET
- Alternatively, click on cet_1_18_0.zip to download the latest version (1.8)
- Unzip the downloaded file using a compression software like Winrar or 7zip
- This will create a Bin folder
- Drag the Bin folder where Cyberpunk 2077 is installed in your PC, for example
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 20774.
- If everything was followed correctly, the following files should be the x64 folder
- plugins folder
- Note: Please ensure that all application overlays (like Rivatuner, Fraps, Afterburner, Discord, Steam, Gog, Windows 10 Game Bar, Geforce Experience) are disabled, as the Mod overlay might not show up.
- Launch Cyberpunk 2077
- A a window will appear prompting you to choose a keybind to bring up the overlay. Pick whatever key you like and save it.
That is all you need to do to install CTE, and now we can move to the mod, which is fairly easy to install.
Installing the mod
Installing the actual mod is fairly simple now that we have CTE installed. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Head over to the following link, and download the mod files by clicking the MANUAL DOWNLOAD button. This does require a free Nexus Mods account.
- Extract the file you just downloaded into the game’s main directory (The one containing /bin and /r6)
Here is the mod in action, provided by the mod author.
We hope this guide was helpful and fixed the Cyberpunk 2077 Crowd Despawn issue. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.