Darkest Dungeon 2 is the latest title from Red Hook Studios, and while it has been available in early access on Epic Games Store over the past year, it’s finally out on Steam as well. It runs well on a variety of systems, but it’s a bit lacking when it comes to support for things like controllers, and even ultrawide. If you want to fix the Darkest Dungeon 2 ultrawide issues on PC.
Fixing the Darkest Dungeon 2 Ultrawide Issues
Darkest Dungeon 2 doesn’t have proper ultrawide support, and the developers plan on adding it post-launch. To address this, p1xel8ted from the widescreen community have already released a fix for the problem.
- Head over to the following GitHub link
- Scroll down a bit, and download the latest zip of the patch (628 KB) under Assets by clicking. As of writing, it is version 001
- Head over to where Darkest Dungeon 2 is installed, which is usually the following path
steamapps\common\Darkest Dungeon II
- Extract the patch in this location using a compression tool like Winrar or 7zip
Here is everything this patch does as per the GitHub page:
- Adds the main display resolution to the list (at the bottom), highlighting should be correct.
- Forces the game to see the resolution as a “valid resolution and aspect ratio”.
- Re-enables the Config button on the main screen in the top left.
- Removes Feedback/Mailinglist/Credits buttons.
We hope this guide was helpful and that you were able to fix the Darkest Dungeon 2 ultrawide issues on your PC. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.