Disney Dreamlight Valley is a life simulation adventure game from Gameloft. The title is out now on PC, a variety of consoles, and even the Nintendo Switch. This is basically animal crossing with Disney characters, and it’s been long overdue. With positive reception from fans and critics alike, it seems Gameloft has released a solid title in the genre. The PC version, however, doesn’t exactly have a ton of options. If you want to fix the Disney Dreamlight Valley Ultrawide issue to get rid of pillarboxing, here is how you can do that.
Fixing the Disney Dreamlight Valley Ultrawide issue
While you can add support for the title using third-party tools, we recommend using a patch from longtime Widescreen Community user Rose. They’ve been releasing fixes for various new and old titles for some time now, and applying the patch is usually pretty simple. To use this patch, follow the steps below.
- Head over to the following GitHub link
- Scroll down a bit, and download the latest zip file (142 KB size) of the patch under Assets by clicking. As of writing, it is version 1.1
- Now, extract the file using compression software like Winrar or 7zip
- Run Disney Dreamlight Valley, and wait for it properly launch
- Now, run RunFix.bat (the file you extracted)
- You have to run this fix every time you launch the title
That’s all you need to do, and the game should run properly in ultrawide resolution. If you see black bars, switch to a random in-game resolution to finalize the change.
The following screenshot shows some gameplay with the patch applied.
We hope the developers add proper support in an upcoming update, but this is your best bet for now. The game is in early access, so they’ll have to do something if there is enough demand.
We hope this guide was helpful and that you were able to fix the Disney Dreamlight Valley Ultrawide issues on PC. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.