Forza Motorsport is one of the best titles of the year, and we had a blast playing it. The PC version is a bit on the demanding side, especially on the CPU front. While the game has ultrawide support during gameplay, everything outside of that introduces black bars, which is distracting. Here is how you can fix the Forza Motorsport ultrawide issues on PC.
Fixing the Forza Motorsport Ultrawide Issue
As mentioned before, everything outside of the actual gameplay including menus, replays, and photo mode introduces black bars on the sides. This is very distracting, but thankfully, Lyall from the widescreen community have released a fix to address this.
Warning: Lyall recommends that you use this patch for offline play only, and disable it for multiplayer races
- Head over to the following GitHub link
- Click on forzamotorsport_suwsf.zip
- Now, click on the download button at the right
- This will download the zip file for the Forza Motorsport ultrawide patch
- Go ahead and extract it in the Forza Motorsport installation folder using a compression tool like Winrar or 7zip
- Launch the game, and everything should work properly in ultrawide without pillar boxing
Here are a few screenshots provided by the mod author that give an idea of what the game looks like with the patch enabled.
Credits and Support
We hope this guide was helpful and that you were able to fix the Forza Motorsport ultrawide issues on your PC. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.