Genshin Impact’s 1.4 version is finally here, and it has brought a bunch of new features, and quests. There is a lot to chew on for players, including a new playable character. Despite adding new content with each update there are a lot of technical problems that players have to face. These are mostly related to updating the game, or trying to install it. Sadly, even with the latest update, multiple players are reporting the same problems they had with 1.3.2. If you are Genshin Impact Launcher Program Error on the PC version, here is how you can fix that.
If you want to manually update to 1.4, you can follow our detailed guide here. The most common error that is still present in 1.4 is the ‘Game Verification‘ issue, which mostly requires a fresh installation. The development team at miHoYo has increased substantially, and hopefully overtime these issues can be resolved. It’s a shame because the moment you’re actually in the game, there are hardly any performance issues or bugs.
Fixing the Genshin Impact Launcher Program Error
Launcher errors are fairly common in Genshin Impact, though this is one of the more recent ones. It can be frustrating because the launcher doesn’t actually provide any hints or tips on how to handle the error. This is what the prompt looks like.
To fix this, follow the steps below.
- Head over to the following link, and download the latest launcher for Genshin Impact
- Now, make sure Genshin Impact isn’t running in the background, and close it through the Task Manager
- Run the installer, and make sure you install the Launcher in the location it was previously installed (Click on Advanced Options to change Game file Installation path)
- This will overwrite the previous installer with the latest stable version
- Now, relaunch the Launcher
If you have followed the steps correctly, the error will go away, and you can run, or update the game as you normally could. These issues aren’t going away anytime soon, but thankfully, almost every single error is fixable. Some users have network issues too because the game is blocked in certain regions.
We hope this guide was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.