Honkai: Star Rail is the latest title from the Genshin Impact developers, miHoYo. Unlike Genshin Impact, though, Honkai Star Rail features turn-based combat set in its own world with original characters. The PC version, however, still has similar issues with its launcher, like Genshin Impact. If you’re running into the Honkai Star Rail resolution problem of the launcher, where it doesn’t display the menus properly, here is how you can fix that.
Fixing the Honkai Star Rail Resolution Issue
To fix the Honkai Star Rail resolution problems, you need to override its High DPI scaling behavior and set it to application.
- Right-click on the Honkai Star Rail icon on your desktop and select Properties
- Open the Compatability tab, and click on Change high DPI settings
- Check Override high DPI Scaling behavior, and make sure Application is selected
- Click OK
- Now, rerun the launcher; it should work properly and display the menus correctly.
Add Target Command to Shortcut
If the above method doesn’t work for you, then you can manually set the game’s resolution by creating a shortcut. Here is how that works.
- Head over to where Honkai Star Rail is installed. It’s usually in the following path.
C:\Program Files\Star Rail
- Open the Games folder
- Created a shortcut of StarRail.exe (Right-click > Create shortcut)
- This will create another icon on your desktop
- Right-click on the shortcut (StarRail.exe – Shortcut), and select Properties
- In the Target, add the following next to the location at the end (there is a space at the start so make sure you copy-paste it exactly like this)
-screen-fullscreen 1 -screen-width 1920 -screen-height 1080
- So the full line should now look like this (if you have it installed in the default C drive location)
"C:\Program Files\Star Rail\Games\StarRail.exe" -screen-fullscreen 1 -screen-width 1920 -screen-height 1080
- Set the resolution according to your screen or liking by changing the width and height values. The above is for 1080p = 1920×1080
- Press OK, and launch Honkai Star Rail using this shortcut
That is all you need to do to fix any resolution problems with the launcher.
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to fix the Honkai Star Rail scaling problems with the launcher on PC. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below.