LEGO 2K Drive is now available for players that pre-ordered the awesome edition. Thanks to its low requirements, LEGO 2K Drive runs well for the most part, but there are a few technical issues that players have reported. If you are running into the LEGO 2K Drive crash at launch issue, here are a few things you can do to fix that.
Verify Game Files
The first thing you want to make sure is that all your game files are in order, and you can easily do that in both clients the game is available on. The download and installation process can run into unexpected problems, so it’s best to check if everything is in order.
- Open Steam and navigate to your library
- Right-click on LEGO 2K Drive in your library
- Click Properties
- Select the LOCAL FILES tab
- Click on Verify Integrity of local files…
This will scan your game files and redownload anything missing or broken.
Epic Games Launcher
- Open your Library in the Epic Games Launcher
- Now, click on the three dots next to LEGO 2K Drive
- Here, select Manage
- Click on the Verify button next to Verify Files
Update DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables
Ensure that both DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables are on the latest version.
Update Your GPU Drivers
You also want to ensure that you have the latest drivers installed in your PC.
Update Your Windows
Make sure that you are on the latest version of Windows as well.
- In Windows Search, type “Update” and click on Check for Updates
- This will take you to the Windows Update section, and you can make sure you are on the latest version
Add an Exception to Your Anti-Virus
Your third-party anti-virus could be flagging LEGO 2K Drive as a threat. To ensure that isn’t the case, try adding the game’s folder to the exclusions or exceptions list of your anti-virus.
We have listed some popular ones and their respective FAQ pages.
- Windows Defender
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Avast Antivirus
- AVG Antivirus
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Webroot SecureAnywhere
- McAfee Antivirus (Steam Support guide)
We hope this guide helped fix the LEGO 2K Drive crash at launch issue. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.