Lies of P is one of the best PC ports of 2023 and runs quite well on a variety of setups. It’s also the closest thing you’ll get to Bloodborne on PC, and you can read my detailed thoughts in my review. Despite some excellent performance and support, the ultrawide implementation is a bit lacking. If you want to fix the Lies of P ultrawide cutscenes issue, here is how you can do that.
Fixing the Lies of P Ultrawide Cutscenes
Lies of P does have ultrawide support for gameplay, but not during its cutscenes which have pillarboxing. It can be distracting when the game transitions to cutscenes, especially when those are already quite sparse. Thankfully, Lyall from the widescreen community have released a fix to address this.
- Head over to the following GitHub link
- Click on LiesOfP_SUWSF.zip
- Now, click on the download button at the right
- This will download the zip file for the Lies of P ultrawide patch
- Go ahead and extract it in the Lies of P installation folder using a compression tool like Winrar or 7zip
- Launch the game, and the cutscenes will appear properly without any pillar boxing
Here are a few screenshots provided by the mod author that give an idea of what the game looks like with the patch enabled.
Credits and Support
We hope this guide was helpful and that you were able to fix the Lies of P ultrawide cutscenes issues on your PC. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.