Like a Dragon Ishin is a remake of a Japanese-only spinoff that is now out on PC and multiple consoles. We had a lot of fun with it, and think it’s an excellent entry in the series. The PC version runs well for the most part, but there are a few technical issues, and limitations. If you want to fix the Like a Dragon Ishin ultrawide issues, and remove pillarboxing, and letterboxing, here is how you can do that.
Fixing the Like a Dragon Ishin Ultrawide Issues
Like a Dragon doesn’t have proper ultrawide support, and you’ll get black borders during gameplay, especially cutscenes. Thankfully, Lyall from the Widescreen gaming community has created a fix for this, and here is how you can install it.
- Head over to the following GitHub link
- Scroll down a bit, and download the latest patch zip under Assets by clicking. As of writing, it is version 1.0.2
- Head to where the game is installed and extract the ishinfix_v1_0_2.zip file using Winrar or 7zip into the following location
- Open the IshinFix.ini file using a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++, which allows you to adjust different aspects of this patch
- By default, it will apply the necessary fixes for your current resolution as a reference
These screenshots show how the game looks before and after the patch has been applied. The patch author, Lyall, shared the following screenshots on GitHub.
Remove 30 FPS Cap in Cutscenes
This patch also removes the 30 FPS cap in cutscenes, and you can enable it by setting the value of Enabled to true in the IshinFix.ini file .
We hope this guide was helpful and that you were able to fix the Like a Dragon Ishin ultrawide issues on your PC. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.