Marvel’s Midnight Suns has been out for a few days now, and it joins the ranks of other excellent Marvel titles we’ve gotten over the past few years. Firaxis has knocked it out of the park, and it’s an excellent addition to their tactical strategy catalog. The PC version runs fine for the most part, but there are a few issues and limitations. If you want to fix Marvel’s Midnight Suns Ultrawide Issues, here is how you can do that.
Fixing the Marvel’s Midnight Suns Ultrawide Issues
UPDATE 11/12/22: The patch author (Lyall) has currently taken the patch down, due to some interference with anti-cheat. I’ll update the guide if there is any development.
While Marvel’s Midnight Suns runs at ultrawide resolutions during gameplay, that isn’t the case during cutscenes or dialogue encounters. When a cutscene starts, there is the usual pillarboxing we see in other PC releases as well, which can be distracting and get in the way of immersion. Thankfully, Lyall from the Widescreen gaming community have created a fix for this, and here is how you can install it.
- Head over to the following GitHub link
- Scroll down a bit, and download the latest patch zip under Assets by clicking. As of writing, it is version 0.0.1
- Head to where the game is installed and extract the MMSFix_v0_0_1.zip file using Winrar or 7zip. This is commonly the following location.
steamapps\common\Marvel's Midnight Suns\MidnightSuns\Binaries\Win64
- Open the MMSFix.ini file using a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++, which allows you to adjust different aspects of this patch
- By default, it will apply the necessary fixes without you editing
That’s all you need to do, and the next time you launch Marvel’s Midnight Suns, it will run without pillarboxing in cutscenes or dialogue.
This is how the game looks after you have applied the patch. The patch author shared the following screenshots on Github.
We hope this guide was helpful and that you were able to fix the Midnight Suns Ultrawide issues on PC. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.