The Outer Worlds Spacer’s Choice Edition is off to a rough start, and despite being an upgrade, it has several performance issues at the moment. It also doesn’t have proper ultrawide support, which is a shame, because this was an opportunity to add it. Either way, here is how you can fix the Outer Worlds Spacer’s Choice Ultrawide issues, and remove black bars during cutscenes, and dialogue.
Fixing the Outer Worlds Spacer’s Choice Ultrawide Issues
Like the original, the Spacer’s Choice edition doesn’t have proper ultrawide support. There are black bars while cutscenes play, or during dialogue encounters, which make up most of the game. Thankfully, as always, Rose from the widescreen community have already released a fix for the problem.
- Head over to the following GitHub link
- Scroll down a bit, and download the latest zip of the patch (230 KB) under Assets by clicking. As of writing, it is version 1.0
- This will download the zip file, which you need to extract using a compression tool like Winrar or 7zip
- Extract the file into the game’s directory in the following locations
\Indiana\Binaries\Win64\ inside the game folder
- Now, launch the game, and play it in Borderless Windowed mode
That is all you need to do, and the black bars will be eliminated from the game during cutscenes, and dialogue interactions. This patch also corrects the field of view and weapons model at 21:9 and wider.
Here is a screenshot of the patch in action provided by the patch author.
We hope this guide was helpful and that you were able to fix the Outer Worlds Spacer’s Choice Ultrawide issues on your PC. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.