Rainbow Six Extraction is a first-person tactical survival title from Ubisoft. It is based in the Rainbow Six universe, and features characters from Rainbow Six Siege, as they take on an alien threat in PvE fashion. The title was initially called Quarantine, but given the state of the world, it didn’t exactly seem appropriate. The game itself is a continuation of a game mode that was teased in Siege itself. Extraction runs well for the most part, but there are a few technical issues here and there. If you are running into the Rainbow Six Extraction crash at launch issue, here are a few things you can try to fix it.
Currently, Extraction is available on PC through Epic Games Store, Ubisoft Launcher, and Xbox Game Pass. Yes, if you are subscribed to Game Pass for PC, you can now get not only Extraction but Rainbow Six Siege Deluxe Edition as well.
Fixing the Rainbow Six Extraction crash at launch issue
Some users have reported that they can’t seem to launch the game. This is mostly because of some missing prerequisite, or something with the game files. Issues like this are fairly common at launch, so here are a few things you can try to fix the problem.
Verify Game Files
The first thing you need to do is ensure that the files you have downloaded aren’t corrupted, and installed properly.
Verifying Game Files in Ubiscot Connect
If you bought the game through Ubisoft Connect, or are a Game Pass subscriber, here is how you can verify the game files.
- Open Ubisoft Connect and select Games at the top left
- Now, in your library, select Rainbow Six Extraction
- After this, select Properties in the left
- Now, under Local files, click on Verify files
- If prompted, select Repair
This will download and install any broken files.
Verifying Game Files in Epic Games Launcher
If you bought the game through Epic Games Launcher, you might need to follow these steps.
- Open your Library in the launcher
- Now, click on the three dots next to Rainbow Six Extraction
- Click on the Verify button
Update DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables
Ensure that both DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables are on the latest version.
Manually update your GPU Drivers
Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your GPU installed. You can get the latest ones from the links below.
Make sure you are using the dedicated GPU (Laptop Users)
At times, your integrated GPU might take over and run the game through that. Most integrated GPUs aren’t powerful enough to turn modern titles and result in crashes at launch.
Switching to the dedicated Nvidia GPU
- First, open the Nvidia Control Panel
- Then navigate to 3D Settings and then Manage 3D Settings
- Open the tab Program Settings and choose Rainbow Six Extraction from the dropdown menu
- Next, select the preferred graphics processor for this program from the second dropdown.
- Your Nvidia GPU should show as High performance Nvidia processor
- Save the changes
Switching to the dedicated AMD GPU
- First, open Radeon Settings
- Then navigate to Preferences followed by Additional Settings
- Here, select Power and then Switchable Graphics Application Settings
- Select Rainbow Six Extraction from the list of applications
- If Rainbow Six Extraction isn’t in the list, click the Add Application button and select the executable from the installation directory. This adds the game to the list and you’ll be able to select it afterwards.
- In the column Graphics Settings, assign the High Performance profile to the game.
Update your Windows
Make sure you are on the latest version of Windows to support newer titles.
- In Windows Search type “Update”, and click on Check for Updates
- This will take you to the Windows Update section, and you can make sure you are on the latest version
We hope this guide helped fix the Rainbow Six Extraction crash at launch issue. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.