Star Trek: Resurgence is a narrative driven title from Dramatic Labs and Bruner House. The game is out on PC through the Epic Games Store, as well multiple current, and last-generation consoles. The PC version runs fine for the most part, but its ultrawide support is a bit lacking. If you want to fix the Star Trek Resurgence ultrawide issues, here is how you can do that.
Fixing the Star Trek Resurgence Ultrawide Issues
Star Trek Resurgence has both pillarboxing and letterboxing in gameplay, as well as cutscenes. This affects ultrawide users, and they’ll have black bars on both sides while playing, which gets in the way of immersion.
To address this Lyall from the Widescreen gaming community has created a comprehensive fix for this, and here is how you can install it.
- Head over to the following GitHub link
- Scroll down a bit, and download the latest patch zip under Assets by clicking. As of writing, it is version 1.0.2
- Head to where the game is installed and extract the StarTrekResurgenceFix_v_1_0_2.zip file using Winrar or 7zip into the following location
Games\Star Trek Resurgence
- Open the StarTrekResurgenceFix.ini file using a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++, which allows you to adjust different aspects of this patch
- By default, it will apply the necessary fixes for your current resolution as a reference
You can also disable motion blur, and depth of field in the configuration file.
The patch author, Lyall has shared the following comparison on GitHub. Here is what the game looks like before and after you have applied the ultrawide patch.
Credits and Support
All credits for the fix go to Lyall, and you can consider supporting them at ko-fi.
Check out our other ultrawide guides for recent releases like Hi-Fi Rush, Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened, and Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice edition.
We hope this guide was helpful and that you were able to fix the Star Trek Resurgence ultrawide cutscenes issues on your PC. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.
These settings still have a skewed image. I’m trying to get an accurate aspect-ratio for a 3440×1440 ultrawide monitor. Are there any settings I can tweak in the .ini file? My image is still squashed making all the crew look like they’ve eaten a rack of lamb before breakfast.
Hey Tim, I’ve updated the GitHub link with the correct patch. Can you please try it again! Cheers