Nightdive Studios have done a tremendous job of modernizing System Shock, with an exceptional remake that stays true to its roots, but modernizes the experience for a new audience. The title is out now on PC through Steam, GOG, and Epic Games Store. The title runs great and there’s still a demo up, but there are a few technical problems reported by players. If you’re running into the System Shock Remake black screen issue, here is how you can fix that.
Use the -Ngxdisable Launch Command
The first thing you want to do is use a launch command in Steam. Multiple users have confirmed that this has worked for them, and this has worked for other games in the past too.
- Open Steam, and then your Steam library
- Here, right-click on SYSTEM SHOCK
- Then click on Properties
- After this, in the GENERAL tab, under LAUNCH OPTIONS, type the following command
Now, try launching the game again, and see if this fixes the problem.
Update Your GPU Drivers
Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your GPU installed. You can get the latest ones from the links below.
Update DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables
Ensure that both DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables are on the latest version.
Update Your Windows
Make sure that you are on the latest version of Windows as well.
- In Windows Search, type “Update” and click on Check for Updates
- This will take you to the Windows Update section, and you can make sure you are on the latest version
We hope this guide helped fix the System Shock Remake black screen issue at launch issue. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.