The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero is a JRPG from Nihon Falcom and NIS America. The title originally came out on the PSP back in 2010 but was later released on the PS4 and Switch back in 2020. Now, it has finally seen a western release and is available on PC as well. We’ve covered other titles in the series from the past, and while this is one of the better ports, some players have reported issues. If you are running into the Trails from Zero controller issue, here is how you can fix that.
Fixing the Trails from Zero controller issue
Some users have reported that they can’t get their controllers to work with the title. This isn’t exactly a problem with the game itself, but rather Steam Input. To fix this, simply follow the steps below.
- Open Steam and then open your Library
- Here, right-click on Trails from Zero
- Select Properties
- Now, select CONTROLLER at the left
- Click the dropdown icon next to OVERRIDE FOR The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero
- Set it to “Enable Steam Input“ (or Disable Steam Input)
Now, another thing to ensure is that your controllers are being picked up by Steam and if the configuration support for each controller type is enabled.
- To check this, open Controller Settings from Steam > Settings > General Controller Settings. Make sure correct Configuration support is checked.
- Your controllers should be shown below as well, under Detected Controllers.
After following the steps, you can play with the controller of your choice. I still recommend you have one controller plugged in to avoid any issues. You can also use various profiles created by users on Steam since you’ve enabled Steam Input support.
The game provides an option to even select Button Prompts in the in-game settings as well, which is neat.
Hopefully, a future patch will address this issue so Steam users don’t have to go through this.
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to fix the Trails from Zero controller issues on PC. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.