Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection is finally out on PC through Steam and the Epic Games Store. The collection includes two excellent PS4 exclusives that have been enhanced for the PC and PS5 platforms in various ways. The PC port runs fine for the most part, but there are some technical issues and limitations. If you want to fix the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves ultrawide issue with black bars in cutscenes, here is how you can fix that.
Fixing the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Ultrawide Black Bars issue on PC
While Uncharted Legacy of Thieves does have ultrawide support during gameplay, there are black bars in cutscenes, as well as when you’re using multi-monitor resolutions. This can be annoying because the black bars can come in the way of immersion. As always, Rose from the widescreen community have already released a fix for the problem. Here is how you can install the patch.
- Head over to the following Github link
- Scroll down a bit, and download the latest zip of the patch under Assets by clicking. As of writing, it is version 1.0
- This will download the zip file, which you need to extract using a compression tool like Winrar or 7zip
- Extract the file into the game’s directory (where you have installed it)
- Now, make sure you’ve set the Aspect Ratio to Auto in the Display settings of the game
That’s all you need to do, and the next time you launch the title, the black bars will be removed from the cutscenes and wider resolutions. Check out the screenshot below that showcases the fix in action.
Most of our guides are based on their fixes, and they’ve had flawless results. We still recommend checking out the GitHub page from time to time to see if there are any updates.
We hope this guide was helpful and that you were able to fix the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves ultrawide black bars issue on your PC. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.