Ys IX Monstrum Nox is a JRPG developed by Nihon Falcom and published by NIS America. It’s part of the long-running Ys series and originally came out on console back in 2019. This is a trend for many JRPGs to first release on PlayStation, and eventually make their way to Steam, something we hope to see less of with NIS titles. The PC port, as you’d expect, is a bit basic, but it works well enough, and performance is decent all around. However, if you are running into the Ys VIII Savedata Not Detected Error, here is how you can fix that.
It has positive reviews on Steam and launched a few days ago. Interested players can still try out the demo, and see if they want to get the full game. There are also multiple editions available, including a Launch Week bundle.
Ys VIII Savedata Not Detected
This is one of the errors that the developers are aware of, and have provided a solution for as well. Players can’t seem to access the bonus items from VIII in the new title as well when trying to start a new game. To fix this, follow the steps below.
Note: First make sure the game isn’t running.
- Open Windows Run by either pressing Windows + R keys together, or by searching for it in Windows Search
- Enter the following address
- Here, create a new folder called Ys8
- Now, head over to the install directory of the game (of VIII)
- Open Steam library
- Right-click on the game, and then Manage
- Now, click Browse local files
- Here, navigate to the following folders
\Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana\savedata\steamsave\
- Now, copy Ys8 savedata contents (data0001, data0002 … sdmem1)
- Paste these in the Ys8 folder you previously created
Launch the game again, and it should work normally now. We hope the developers patch in some way that players don’t have to do this at all.
We hope this guide was helpful, and you were able to fix the Ys VIII Savedata Not Detected error. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below.