Having kids is a great way to expand your household and bring in the new generation into the world of Sims 4. If you have a specific household planned or want to get a daughter, this guide will show you how to have a baby girl in The Sims 4.
There are a few things that you can try to increase the chances of a baby girl being born. While this does not guarantee anything, the chances will be much higher than not doing anything. With that said, let’s dive right in and get started.
The Sims 4: How to Have a Baby Girl
There are two major ways in which you can increase your odds of getting a baby girl. As aforementioned, this doesn’t guarantee that you’ll have a girl, but it does improve your odds.
- Listen to the Pop Music genre.
- Eat strawberries while pregnant.
While your sim is pregnant, make sure that you listen to a lot of pop music. This can be done through the stereo by choosing the “listen to” option and selecting Pop. For the duration of the pregnancy, make sure that you listen to this genre to enhance your chances.
Alternatively, you can also make your sim eat a lot of strawberries while they are pregnant as well. To get strawberries, you can either grow them yourself (by getting and planting the seeds) or purchase them from the marketplace (if you have the Cottage Living or City Living expansions).
Keep in mind that you can only get the seeds if you own the Seasons expansion. Plus, you can also find various wild strawberries in the neighborhood – especially Willow Creek. Collect them and feed them to your pregnant sim to increase the chances of having a baby girl.
Cheats to Get a Baby Girl
If you are having trouble getting a baby girl in your household, you can use cheats to get one (we promise, no one will judge).
- Enable cheats by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Alt keys.
- Enter “testingcheats true” in the cheat input box.
- Now, type “sims.get_sim_id_by_name [your Sim’s name]” in the cheat box to know your sims’ ID.
- Type “pregnancy.force_offspring_count [Sim’s ID]” and enter your sims’ ID at the end.
- This will cause the baby to be born. Once it is here, you need to enter “cas.fulleditmode”.
- Now, you can freely Shift + Click the baby to alter its gender, appearance, or other traits.
And there you have it; that’s everything you need to know about how to have a girl in Sims 4. If you want to add a girl to your household, make sure that you follow this guide to increase your chances.
Did you manage to get the results you were hoping for? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.