Resident Evil 4 Remake is now available on PC; with that, there are plenty of excellent mods to install. RE Engine is entirely compatible with mods, and you don’t need to go through a million steps to install your mod files. This guide will explain how you can install mods for Resident Evil 4 Remake.
Install Mods for Resident Evil 4 Remake
As previously mentioned, it’s pretty simple to install mods, and I’ll walk you through each step so you can start modding out Leon for Ada, as god intended.
Before we get started, you will need to do a few things.
- Sign-up on NexusMods, so that you can download the mod manager, and mod files
- Install Winrar or 7zip, to extract compressed files
After you’re done, we can install the mod manager that will take care of most things for us.
Installing Fluffy Mod Manager
If you have been modding previous RE Engine titles, you’ll recognize this mod manager. This powerful tool will take care of most things for you and easily let you swap mods in and out.
- Head over to the following link to download the latest version of the mod manager
- This will download a zip file
- (Optional: Make a folder to keep everything in one place)
- Now, using Winrar or 7zip, extract the zip file
- Open the folder, and then launch Modmanager.exe
- Select Resident Evil 4 Remake from the list of games
- Now select Define game path, and browse to the folder Resident Evil 4 Remake is installed in
- That’s it, and you should now have access to the Mod list section
Downloading and Installing Mod Files
Now that you have Fluffy Mod Manager set up, we can download the mod files. You can access tons of mods in the dedicated section of Resident Evil 4 Remake at NexusMods.
Keep in mind that some mods (usually NSFW) will only show up if you have signed in.
- Choose a mod you want to download and click on it. As an example, we will download the HUNK character mod for Leon
- Now, drag the zip file directly into the Fluffly Mod Manager
- Give it a minute, and it’ll install the mod file
- Now, click on Leon below CHARACTERS which will now have a (1) indicating that there’s a new mod available
- Now, simply toggle the Hunk mod that you just installed
- Minimize Fluffly Manager, and launch Resident Evil 4 Remake either from Steam or using the “Launch Game” button in the Mod Manager
- HUNK will now replace Leon’s character model in-game
How To Disable or Delete a Mod
If you want to disable the mod, toggle it off the same way you enabled it.
You can also delete the mod entirely by clicking the small bin icon at the top left of the mod.
We hope that after this, you can install mods for Resident Evil 4 Remake without a problem. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.