Like the previous RE Engine remakes, the modding scene in Resident Evil 4 Remake is off to an excellent start. Thanks to robust tools that let you swap mods in and out quickly and a dedicated community, you can now swap Leon with a bunch of different characters like Ada Wong, and now Albert Wesker. Here is how you can install the Resident Evil 4 Playable Albert Wesker Mod.
Resident Evil 4 Playable Albert Wesker Mod
Series antagonist, the iconic Albert Wesker himself, can now replace Leon for the entire campaign through this mod. While we hope to see him as a playable character in the upcoming mercenaries mode, if you want to play as him, kira5z on NexusMods has you covered.
Prerequisites: Setting up Fluffy Mod Manager
If you already have the latest Fluffy Mod Manager set up for Resident Evil 4 Remake, you can skip this section.
- Sign-up on NexusMods, so that you can download the mod manager, and mod files
- Install Winrar or 7zip, to extract compressed files
- Head over to the following link to download the latest version of the mod manager
- This will download a zip file
- (Optional: Make a folder to keep everything in one place)
- Now, using Winrar or 7zip, extract the zip file
- Open the folder, and then launch Modmanager.exe
- Select Resident Evil 4 Remake from the list of games
- Now select Define game path, and browse to the folder Resident Evil 4 Remake is installed in
- That’s it, and you should now have access to the Mod list section
Installing the Playable Albert Wesker Mod
With Fluffy Mod Manager set up, you can now download and install the Albert Wesker mod.
- Head over to the following NexusMods link, and click on Manual Download for the items you want. There’s an option for Wesker with normal eyes and one with red eyes. Additionally, you can download the glasses accessory as well, which will replace Leon’s glasses option in Extras.
- Now, drag the zip file directly into the Fluffly Mod Manager
- Give it a minute, and it’ll install the mod file
- Now, click on Leon below CHARACTERS which will now have a (1) indicating that there’s a new mod available
- Now, simply toggle the Wesker mod that you just installed
- Minimize Fluffly Manager, and launch Resident Evil 4 Remake either from Steam or using the “Launch Game” button in the Mod Manager
- Albert Wesker will now replace Leon’s character model in-game
- To equip his glasses, enable Sunglasses (sporty) in the Extras section of the pause screen
Playable Wesker Mod Screenshots
Check out the mod in all its glory in these screenshots below.
How To Disable or Delete a Mod
If you want to disable the mod, toggle it off the same way you enabled it.
You can also delete the mod entirely by clicking the small bin icon at the top left of the mod.
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to install the Resident Evil 4 playable Albert Wesker mod. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.