Rockstar added Crews to their Social Club as a social addition to the world of GTA 5 Online. Crews allow players to band together in factions that have their own individual ranking system and hierarchy separate from your characters personal rank. Crew members can help each other on missions, and battle against other Crews; or band together and form alliances. Additionally, Crews have their own custom logos and colours, and can have up to 1,000 members.
If you’re wondering how you start your own crew, so you can get involved in the fun, this is the article for you. We’ll be running through how exactly you form your very own crew!
How to Make a Crew in GTA Online
Crews are a Social Club feature, therefore, you’ll want to first head to Rockstar’s Social Club website in your browser of choice, or download the Rockstar Social Club app. Once you have navigated to Rockstar’s Social Club, the following steps need to be completed in order to make a crew in GTA Online:
- Step 1: Navigate to the Crews tab, as shown above, it will be located between Games and Jobs. Hover over this tab.
- Step 2: Head down to Create a Crew, it will be the second tab in the drop-down, as shown above. Click this option.
- Step 3: You’ve now begun creating your own crew in GTA. First, you will want to select the type of crew you want to create: Chatterbox, Thrill Seeker, Rebels, Soliders, etc.
- Step 4: Select your privacy options. This mostly entails deciding if your crew is public or invite only. Select invite only if you’re only wanting friends to join your crew.
- Step 5: Lastly, simply save your crew. You’ve now created a crew in GTA 5 Online.
Now that you’ve created a crew, you can proceed to create your own logo and choose your crew colours. Once you have successfully gained some crew members, you will be able to choose the ranks in which they get.