Imagine Minecraft without colors. Would you still play the game if all you see are pixelated black-and-white blocks? To bring some life into the world, Minecraft features various color dyes. These can be used for changing the color of different things, such as wool, concrete, and more.
If you plan on making a lush garden or decorating your home with colorful wool, you’ll need some green dye.
Today, we’ll cover everything you need to know on how to make some green dye in Minecraft.
Minecraft Green Dye Recipe
To make a green dye in Minecraft, you will need the following:
- Fuel (wood, coal, lava bucket)
- Open the Furnace and place the cactus on the top slot. Add fuel at the bottom slot to activate the furnace.
- Wait for a few seconds and get the green dye in the left slot.
Note: You can place multiple cactus on the furnace to continuously generate green dye.
How to Craft A Furnace in Minecraft
The key item you need to make green dye in Minecraft is a Furnace. You can make it by doing the following:
- A Furnace can be made from 8 Cobblestones or Blackstones. You can obtain cobblestones by mining stones.
- Once you have enough Cobblestones, set your Crafting Table on the ground and open it to access the crafting grid.
- Put 8 Cobblestones in the outer corner of the grid. This should leave the center slot empty.
- Drag the Furnace to your inventory.
Smelting Green Dye in Minecraft
- Open your inventory and place the Furnace in the ground.
- Access the Furnace and put a Cactus in the upper slot.
- Add some Fuel to the furnace to start smelting.
- Once done, get the Green Dye in the left slot.
Where to Use Green Dye
After getting some green dye, you can use it with these items to make them green:
- You can apply green dye to sheep to change the color of their wool. You can gather about one to three blocks of green wool from them.
- A green dye can be used to add patterns to banners.
- When you combine green dye with a firework star, it makes a fade-to-color effect.
- It can be used to stain items such as leather, armor, beds, terracotta, glass, and shulker boxes.
- You can use green dye on tamed wolves to dye the color of their collars.
- For Minecraft Bedrock and Education Edition, you can use green dye on shulkers.
- You can also dye water that is contained in cauldrons in Bedrock and Education editions.
- Mixing sand or gravel with green dye will give you green concrete powder.
Give Command for Green Dye
You can also get green dye in Minecraft by using the give command. If you don’t have time to gather the required resources, you can use this command to obtain a green dye instantly:
/give <playername> minecraft:green_dye 14
“Give” is a Minecraft command that’s used to give items. For <playername>, write your name or the player you want to give an item. Enter the item you want to give and the amount.
Here are other variations of the give command:
/give <playername> minecraft:green_dye 64
/give <playername> minecraft:green_dye (this gives only one item)
And there you have it! Crafting green dye is a straightforward and rewarding process. By following the steps above you’ll be able to make as much green dye as you need in Minecraft.