White is a color that signifies purity and simplicity. If you want to bring that essence into your Minecraft world, you’ll need to know the process of making white dye. Lucky for you, we got your back.
Join us as we dive into the fascinating process of crafting this essential material in the game that allows you to add a clean aesthetic to your builds.
Minecraft White Dye Recipe
Creating White Dye in Minecraft requires the following:
- 1 Bone Meal or Lily of the Valley
- Place one Bone Meal or Lily of the Valley on your Crafting Table.
- Grab the White Dye and place it in your inventory.
Note: You can stack multiple Lily of the Valley or Bone Meals on top of each other to make multiple White Dye at once.
How to Obtain Bone Meal in Minecraft
Bone Meal can be made in Minecraft using two ingredients. You can either place a bone or bone block on the crafting table to turn it into Bone Meal.
- Bones can be obtained primarily from skeletons and similar mobs. Skeletons, wither skeletons, skeleton horses, and strays may drop 0-2 bones upon death. The maximum drop is increased by 1 per level of looting.
- Bone Blocks are generated naturally as part of fossil structures. It can be found in desert and swamp biomes. Bone Blocks can also generate as part of nether fossils in soul sand valley biomes.
Where to Find Lily of the Valley
- Lily of the Valley is a semi-rare flower that only generates in the Flower Forest biome. It also has a small chance of spawning by using bone meal in the grass or dirt of the Flower Forest.
Make White Dye in Minecraft
Since Lily of the Valley is quite rare, it would be best to use bone meals to make White Dye in Minecraft
Once you’ve obtained the necessary materials for White Dye, here’s what you need to do:
- Place your Crafting Table on the ground and access it.
- Now, place some Bone Meals or Lily of the Valley anywhere in the crafting grid.
- Drag the White Dye to your inventory to collect it.
- Repeat the process until you have enough White Dye.
Where to Use White Dye in Minecraft
White Dye in Minecraft can be used for the following:
- Dye sheep’s wool to make 1 to 3 blocks of white wool.
- Applied to tamed wolves and cats to color their collar.
- Used for dyeing leather armor, beds, glass, terracotta, wool, and shulker boxes.
You can combine white dye with fireworks to make a fade-to-color effect. It can also be mixed with sand and gravel to make concrete powder.
Give Command for White Dye in Minecraft
If you’re in a rush, you can always use the “Give” command to obtain White Dye in Minecraft. This way, you don’t have to go through the process of gathering the required materials to make White Dye.
/give <playername> minecraft:white_dye 14
With the give command, you can instantly provide any player items. For <playername>, you can enter your name or the name of the player you want to give the items.
Other variations of the give command:
/give <playername> minecraft:white_dye 64
/give <playername> minecraft:white_dye(this gives only one item)
Now that you’ve mastered how to make white dye in Minecraft, you can infuse your Minecraft creations with a sense of calmness and purity. Let your imagination work and you’ll surely make some wonders that will inspire other players.