The Genshin Impact 1.5 update launched a few days ago and added a bunch of new characters, quests, and customization items. The game’s updating process is still as frustrating as ever, and it doesn’t seem to be getting better anytime soon. Usually, the game updates every six weeks, but this time, there was a small update just days after the launch of the 1.5. If you are having issues with the launcher, and want to manually update to Genshin Impact 1.5.1, here is how you can do that. Despite the success of the game, it’s still disappointing how annoying this entire procedure has become for users.
We have been covering Genshin Impact for a while now, it’s various errors, and different updates. One of the most common issues is the ‘Game Verification Error‘, which can be super annoying, and requires a full manual installation in most cases.
Manually update Genshin Impact version 1.5.1
If you have been following our manual update guides for a while, you’ll know why we prefer this method. Players can use their preferred download managers and potentially get better download speeds.
Keep in mind that this is an updated guide, and you aren’t downloading the game from scratch. This means the game has to be updated to 1.5 before you do this.
First, download all these files using the download manager of your choice. These files are for 1.5.1.
- 1.5.1 Patch (170.54 MB)
- Chinese Audio Files (130 Bytes)
- English Audio Files (130 Bytes)
- Japanese Audio Files (130 Bytes)
- Korean Audio Files (130 Bytes)
Updating to 1.5.1
Now, after you have downloaded the files, follow the steps below.
- Open the Genshin Impact launcher, and make sure it’s on the latest version. This is usually automatic, and you will be prompted with an update notification. (We are talking about the launcher here, not the game itself)
- Click on the Update button, and then click the Pause button
- Now, quit the launcher completely. Make sure it isn’t running in the taskbar either.
- After you have ensured the launcher isn’t running, head over to the following location
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\
- Here, delete all the .zip_tmp files (these are the temp files downloaded during the initial download we initiated)
- Now, copy all the downloaded zip files (5 in total, see above) and paste those in the following location
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\ (or wherever the game is installed, just make sure it is in the Genshin Impact Game folder)
- Now, open the Genshin Impact launcher, and click on the Update button. This will unzip, verify and install the downloaded files that you copied in the Genshin Impact Game folder.
We hope this guide was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.
I really frustated, why the launcer always download 6,26 gb 🙁
Can you open the following location, and tell me what the config file says?
\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game
When will you put the pre update for version 1.6
Doing that right now! 🙂
When will you put the pre update method for version 1.6 genshin impact
Here you go, this is the link for 1.6
dude, i got problem on my update, havent updated 1.5 yet. i download 1.5 manual patch from previous article and 1.5.1 from this page. but, everytime i tried to update the system kept replacing my 1.5 game patch (5gb single file) with 1.5.1 tmp file… i tried to delete tmp file and put both 1.5 and 1.5.1 rar file to the game folder, but it doesnt work. launcher kept replacing my 1.5 file with the new one (1.5.1) and it dissapear (1.5). my config says update 1.4.
Hey, I understand it’s a bit confusing, but the problem is, your game is still stuck at 1.4. You can’t extract both 1.5, and 1.5.1, at the same time. I would highly recommend completely removing the game, and starting from scratch for 1.5.1. This guide assumed you had 1.5, that’s the problem.
You can follow that guide here.
скинь ссылку на 1.5 чтобы скачать 1 файлом
uhm i follow the step but why its still downloading 7gb files? :”((
Were you on 1.5 before this?
How to fix launcher need to update 22GB, but when i open the game from Aplication in the game folder its normaly open
If it is running fine from the executable, keep using that for now.
My game has no new activity.
Can you explain a bit more?
These helped me a lot, thank you very much! I had problems updating to 1.5 and had to reinstall the game to no avail. I followed the manual download of the whole game and manual update to 1.5.1. I hope there’s also for 1.6 ;~; Thank you for this again!
You’re welcome! I’m glad I could help you! Enjoy the game 🙂
did u update the guide for 1.6 pre installation??
Here is the guide for 1.6
I forgot to “pause” after clicking on update in launcher. Now it has separately downloaded a .zip_tmp file in a new folder. The game is still showing notification of updating. How can I fix this??