The Genshin Impact 1.5 update launched a few days ago and added a bunch of new characters, quests, and customization items. The game’s updating process is still as frustrating as ever, and it doesn’t seem to be getting better anytime soon. Usually, the game updates every six weeks, but this time, there was a small update just days after the launch of the 1.5. If you are having issues with the launcher, and want to manually update to Genshin Impact 1.5.1, here is how you can do that. Despite the success of the game, it’s still disappointing how annoying this entire procedure has become for users.
We have been covering Genshin Impact for a while now, it’s various errors, and different updates. One of the most common issues is the ‘Game Verification Error‘, which can be super annoying, and requires a full manual installation in most cases.
Manually update Genshin Impact version 1.5.1
If you have been following our manual update guides for a while, you’ll know why we prefer this method. Players can use their preferred download managers and potentially get better download speeds.
Keep in mind that this is an updated guide, and you aren’t downloading the game from scratch. This means the game has to be updated to 1.5 before you do this.
First, download all these files using the download manager of your choice. These files are for 1.5.1.
- 1.5.1 Patch (170.54 MB)
- Chinese Audio Files (130 Bytes)
- English Audio Files (130 Bytes)
- Japanese Audio Files (130 Bytes)
- Korean Audio Files (130 Bytes)
Updating to 1.5.1
Now, after you have downloaded the files, follow the steps below.
- Open the Genshin Impact launcher, and make sure it’s on the latest version. This is usually automatic, and you will be prompted with an update notification. (We are talking about the launcher here, not the game itself)
- Click on the Update button, and then click the Pause button
- Now, quit the launcher completely. Make sure it isn’t running in the taskbar either.
- After you have ensured the launcher isn’t running, head over to the following location
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\
- Here, delete all the .zip_tmp files (these are the temp files downloaded during the initial download we initiated)
- Now, copy all the downloaded zip files (5 in total, see above) and paste those in the following location
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\ (or wherever the game is installed, just make sure it is in the Genshin Impact Game folder)
- Now, open the Genshin Impact launcher, and click on the Update button. This will unzip, verify and install the downloaded files that you copied in the Genshin Impact Game folder.
We hope this guide was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.